Spicy Black Bean Hummus has a delicious flavor -with creamy chickpeas and black beans you get more texture along with all of it’s wonderful health benefits.
Spicy Black Bean Hummus can be completed in absolute minutes. That gets you out of the kitchen and the party started at just about the same time.
I am all about a party. The smallest excuse becomes an event. If a friend comes over to visit – it’s a party.
A mere mention of a special day such as ‘grandparents day’ – it’s a party. I seriously can’t look at a calendar.
One more thing I need to point you towards for a special black bean dip. It’s this Chipotle Black Bean Dip pictures below. This can get pretty hot!
I told you it’s hard for me to keep focused when a party is looming. Back to Spicy Black Bean Hummus!
Well, this dip is perfect for any get-together. It is creamy as the original hummus we all know and love but you add in black beans and get more texture along with all of it’s wonderful health benefits.
Serve it with your favorite chips and vegetables. Then you can enjoy it with your family and friends and get lots of complements at the same time.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Spicy Black Bean Hummus
- 15 ounces black beans - can, drained
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans - can, drained
- 3 cloves garlic - finley minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- To a food processor - add both beans, chopped garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin and salt.
- Process until it is smooth. The black beans will have itty bitty little pieces - see the photo. That just makes it better.
- You know how 'they' pour a tablespoon or so of olive oil on hummus? Well, if you like you could drizzle a Tablespoon of coconut oil over the top.
Another very popular hummus recipe I have on the blog is Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus. Take a look and see what you think.
Can You Freeze Hummus?
Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article How to Prepare Food for the Freezer.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours. You could heat in the microwave and serve with chips and veggies of your choice. Heating is not necessary though. But … it’s good.