Easy Stuffed Mushrooms are classically filled with a bit of grated carrot for a pretty and tasty recipe. It can be a side dish or appetizer. You decide.
Stuffed mushrooms make for a magical recipe. They can be a special side dish or an appetizer that people ohh and ahh over.
All you have to do is set them on a table and one by one the little gems will disappear.
What is so nice about these Holiday Stuffed Mushrooms is that they are stuffed with perfectly seasoned mushrooms and breadcrumbs and then have a wonderful addition of finely grated carrot.
All are sautéd together until it melds into the perfect stuffing. Now, you don't have to save these little bites for a holiday.
This is when a weekly menu plan would come in real handy.
Without a little planning, mushrooms might be passed by in the produce section. At least 16 ounces of them.
I tend to get stuck in a rut with green beans or peas when I don't actually make out a shopping list.
There is a real good chance that you have all of the other ingredients for this recipe already in your pantry.
Maybe not the homemade vegan parmesan cheese but it is quick to whip up with a few cashews.
Want to try these Vegan Holiday Stuffed Mushrooms?
PIN IT to your Side Dish or Appetizer board to save for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
So make something new and special for your family and friends and either set these Holiday Stuffed Mushrooms on the dining table for all to eat or pass them around and watch them disappear during the festivities.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Holiday Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces mushrooms - white about 22 to 24 in a carton
- ½ cup parmesan cheese - vegan, homemade, see the link to a very simple recipe below in the instructions
- 2 cloves garlic - finely, chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning - recipe link below if you'd like to make your own
- 2 carrots - 1 large or 2 small
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Wipe the mushrooms cleans with a damp cloth.
- Pop the stems out of the mushrooms and place in a food processor. Pulse a few times until the stems are finely chopped. Set aside.
- Peel carrots and chop in a few pieces, place in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped or grated.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the prepared mushroom stems and carrot. Sauté 10 minutes.
- Set out a cookie sheet and place all of the mushroom caps, cup up.
- Fill up the cap with the carrot panko mixture and press down. Pile another mound on that and lightly press that down too. Put another mound on that and set carefully back onto the cookie sheet.
- You will have a little bit of the filling left over. You can eat that by the spoon or sprinkle on soup or avocado toast etc. There won't be much.
- Bake stuffed mushrooms at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.