Vegan Parmesan Cheese enhances so many dishes. There are only four ingredients and it only takes about 5 mins. Sprinkle it on pasta, soups, salads, and more.
How to Make Vegan Parmesan Cheese is a talent that can be yours in minutes.
It enhances so many dishes as I am sure you can remember how regular parmesan cheese did in the old days.
This recipe is so simple yet so useful. There are only four ingredients and is complete in about 5 minutes.
You can sprinkle it on, at least, pasta and soups. I love sprinkling quite a lot of it into my salads.
That sounds good! I have to have a salad tomorrow.
Go ahead and double or triple the recipe if you like.
It freezes so well you can freeze a larger quantity and take out a quarter of a cup at a time. It'll be ready to go immediately.
Just today I sprinkled some in my chickpea wrap. It really added a delicious extra flavor and texture.
You'll find you can go through it vegan parmesan cheese very quickly. Thank goodness it's so simple to make.
My niece was over last week and made a batch with walnuts. That was a bit of a stronger flavor but it certainly has it's place. I'm thinking chili.
Chili with parmesan on top is always a good thing. How about on avocado and Two Bean Camp Chili? So so good!
If you like walnuts don't be afraid to try them as a substitute.
Cashews are traditional though as they come closer to dairy parmesan cheese in flavor. Nutritional yeast and other spices are balanced just right.
You'll be glad you made a batch.
I would love to hear how you would use vegan parmesan cheese. Leave a comment below so I can make notes.
You aren’t really supposed to eat it off a spoon but it's okay with me.
- Cashews are a favorite addition for fresh flavors and protein and are the base for this condiment.
- Nutritional yeast has a wonderful cheesy type of flavor.
- Garlic powder goes a long way in the flavor department with just a little bit.
- Onion powder is powerful so a little goes a long way and adds a lot of flavor.
- Salt is the perfect understated seasoning.
- This is so simple so just add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until a fine crumb mixture forms. It takes literally seconds.
- Use on just about any savory dish you can think of.
Keep in the refrigerator for about a month or keep in the freezer in a freezer container for up to 12 months.
Hey! Here are a couple more recipes that love to use vegan parmesan cheese.
💭 Chef's tip
- You can save some money by buying in bulk. Online stores offer many places where you can buy in bulk. You don't need the beautiful whole cashews either. Buy ones that are sol as pieces. They taste just as good.
- Some stores sell in bulk too but you need to know your prices. Trader Joe's is pretty good with their bulk prices. Aldi's too.
I know some of you are allergic to nuts or have someone in the family who is allergic but I have a solution for you for that also.
It's Nut Free Parmesan Cheese that's star component is hemp hearts. Even if you aren't allergic you have to try this topping. You can actually eat it with a spoon it is so good. Check it out below:
👩🏻🍳 Can you freeze it
Yes, you sure can. It keeps really well for about a month. I would pack it in a good glass freezer container or double bag it in freezer bags to help keep the ice crystals at bay.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
If you take a photo of your vegan parmesan cheese I would love to see it. Follow me over on Instagram and tag me on your photo @vegan_in_the_freezer.
Your opinion means a lot to me and if you'd like to leave a comment and possibly a star rating I'd love to hear your thoughts.
How to Make Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup cashews - raw
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until a fine crumb mixture forms. Literally seconds.
- Use in just about any savory dish you can think of.