Holiday Stuffed Mushrooms
Holiday Stuffed Mushrooms are classically filled with a bit of grated carrot for a pretty and tasty recipe.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces mushrooms - white about 22 to 24 in a carton
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese - vegan, homemade, see the link to a very simple recipe below in the instructions
- 2 cloves garlic - finely, chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning - recipe link below if you'd like to make your own
- 2 carrots - 1 large or 2 small
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Wipe the mushrooms cleans with a damp cloth.
Pop the stems out of the mushrooms and place in a food processor. Pulse a few times until the stems are finely chopped. Set aside.
Peel carrots and chop in a few pieces, place in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped or grated.
Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the prepared mushroom stems and carrot. Sauté 10 minutes.
Add garlic, panko, vegan parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and remaining spices. Cook and stir 2 more minutes.
Set out a cookie sheet and place all of the mushroom caps, cup up.
Fill up the cap with the carrot panko mixture and press down. Pile another mound on that and lightly press that down too. Put another mound on that and set carefully back onto the cookie sheet.
You will have a little bit of the filling left over. You can eat that by the spoon or sprinkle on soup or avocado toast etc. There won't be much.
Bake stuffed mushrooms at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving: 6mushrooms | Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 691mg | Potassium: 626mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5112IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 2mg