Fully Loaded Vegan Black Bean Salad is a colorful & flavorful salad. Perfect & easy for potlucks, parties, lunches and anytime! Only 15 minutes.
Perfect for lunch too and 'WooHoo' a buffet!
I have to admit that I eat tons of lettuce salads and I include my favorite ingredients to toss. But you can bet your tiniest carrots that I have plenty of lettuce-free salads.
You can make Fully Loaded Vegan Bean Salad a day or two in advance of a party or gathering and the melding of the flavors will be perfect.
Scoop it up with a fork and eat away. I cheat and eat it immediately without letting it meld too. It's good stuff. And so very good for you.
Black Beans are Protein Packed
- Unbelievably, a cup of black beans is 15g of protein. I repeat, 15 grams.
- Not only that, beans have lots of fiber.
- There are Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.
- NO cholesterol or sugar.
- 11 minerals including around 30% of your daily minimum requirements of magnesium.
- 7 vitamins and even more. Black Beans are good!
You can use frozen or fresh corn for this salad but get organic or non-GMO verified. We all need to get our full nutrients to stay healthy and strong.
I don't mean this to sound like a commercial against GMO products - it's just a fact. Technical information aside ...
The colors are beautiful and inviting. These fresh ingredients are easy to find in your grocery store or farmer's market so there's nothing is stopping you from having a fun and healthy new salad.
I already have mine in the fridge but there isn't much left.
Luckily, I am going to someone else's house for the weekend celebration. But have no fear. I'll make it again and serve it at my next party.
Check out a photo of the asparagus salad!
In fact, just search for 'salad' at the top right of this page and you'll get about ten different salads.
Anything that can be made ahead and that only get's better with time is a 'Go' for me.
Have you ever seen a contraption like this Vidalia Chop Wizard? It is something I use a lot because it just makes chopping go so fast.
I'm not trying to sell it and I'm not sponsoring it - I think it's a handy gadget. The onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes got prepared using it for this recipe. Just a little tidbit.
Fully Loaded Black Bean Salad
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 30 ounces black beans 2 cans 15 ounce each, organic, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper small, seeded and diced
- 1 cup tomatoes roma, diced
- ½ cup onion red, finely chopped and you could also used slices green onions if you have picky eaters
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut the kernels from the cob or defrost the frozen corn.
- In a large bowl, stir together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add corn, beans, bell pepper, tomatoes and onion.
- Toss well.
- Eat now or cover and chill for about 2 hours.
Can You Freeze Black Bean Salad Recipe?
- This salad is best made fresh the day of or a few days before serving.
- It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If it didn't have the tomatoes it would keep about 5 days.
- So you can omit the tomatoes and keep it longer and add tomatoes when it gets closer to the serving day.