Everybody loves Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus. Yes, the guys too. Chickpeas and red bells make a flavorful, simple dip that goes with chips or vegetables.
Don’t hesitate to serve it on game day – maybe call it something else – maybe Garbanzo Bean Dip. Maybe not – just sayin’ – in case.
I don’t know how I survived before being introduced to chickpeas. One of the healthiest beans out there and as versatile as any other.
Red Bell Pepper Hummus dip is simple, flavorful and goes with chips or vegetables. The sturdy pita chip works great and I really load it up. You can use bottled roasted red bell peppers or follow my directions and roast your own. It is so easy.
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin
Yields 2 cups
20 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- First - roast you red bell pepper.
- Heat the broiler.
- With tongs place the bell pepper on the top shelf turning often to get all sides blackened. No kidding - to see a photo click here and scroll down a little bit - When black, take it out of the over.
- Let cool and then rub off the blackened skin with a damp paper towel or peel with a paring knife if you are having trouble. Just grab an edge of the skin with the knife and peel off.
- Now you just put everything into a Food Processor and process.
- No need to pre-grind anything. It all blends together perfectly.
- Turn off the processor and scrape the sides a couple of times during processing.
- That is it.
It freezes really well so:
Package in rigid sided containers and place in the freezer for up to 4 months.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight because it is a pretty solid mass and will take longer to defrost. Stir before serving with crackers and/or veggies.