Stuffed Baguette Sandwich is stacked thick with Roasted Red Bell Peppers. There’s also a great blend of ingredients that will keep you full and happy for hours.
I think everyone loves a sandwich. And then … if you get a baguette and hollow it out a bit so you can stuff in more goodies, then I think, it is a passion.
A Stuffed Baguette Sandwich is the answer to many a person’s dream. You can put almost anything in it and it would be hard to find something that would not work as a stuffing. My version is a wonderful blend of flavors that will keep you satisfied for hours.
Stuffed Baguette Sandwich
Stuffed Baguette Sandwich is stacked thick with Roasted Red Bell Peppers.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 baguettes - I used 2 smaller 10" long and 2-1/2" across - sort of
- 6 tablespoons Your favorite Oil & Vinegar Salad Dressing
- 4 scallions sliced
- 1/2 fresh flat leaf parsley stemmed and chopped up
- 1/2 cup black olives coarsely sliced
- 1/4 cup roma tomato cut in very thin slices
- 1/8 cup capers
- Roasting red bell peppers is extremely easy to do. It is also cheaper than buying the bottled jars but you can certainly buy a jar if you would prefer. You would need about a 16 ounce jar.
- To proceed with roasting the fresh red bells turn your oven on to broil.
- With tongs place the bell peppers on the top shelf turning often to get all sides blackened. No kidding - see the photo below.
- My husband made that wooden tool for me. It pulls out the rack in the oven and then pushes it back in keeping me safe from burns. I was burn prone but not anymore.
- Let cool and then rub off the blackened skin with a damp paper towel or peel with a paring knife if you are having trouble. Just grab an edge of the skin with the knife and peel off.
- Cut your bread lengthwise but not all the way through.
- Scoop out (or pinch out) some of the bread so that there is more room for the filling.
- Lay the bread open and spoon on (or squirt) about 6 Tablespoons of your favorite Oil & Vinegar Salad Dressing on both sides of the bread. Do this with the second baguette also.
- Now divide all of the ingredients between the two baguettes and spread out in layers.
- Sprinkle on more dressing if you like.
- Fold over, slice and serve.
Recipe NotesSprinkle on more dressing if you like.
Fold over, slice and serve.