Mediterranean Bruschetta Crostini Appetizer is a recipe that you'll want to make sure you get your share of when the bowl gets set on the table. Easy as 1,2,3!
Ahhh, the Mediterranean.
Blue skies as far as you can see, crystal sparkling water everywhere you look, shores meandering in and out of coves and vegetables that come from this perfect environment.
I'm sure all of you know what I mean and the vegetables such as olives, bell peppers, onions and spices like oregano and chives come to mind. Very quickly.
Well, this recipe takes advantage of all those lovely ingredients and more.
Artichokes and capers are also native to the land. Moderate weather and rocky slopes, respectively, ensure perfect vegetables and flower buds.
So many vegetables grow really well on gently sloping ground. It just drains well. If you've ever been to the coast of ay country on the Mediterranean than you know that nothing is flat.
Not crazy wild but rolling ground. Well, let me back up. The Amalfi coast is insanely steep but we're not talking grapes at the moment :). So let's get this straight. Some of Italy is not rolling.
You really really need to. It's amazing and here's a pic!
More Bruschetta and Crostini Appetizers To Enjoy
The reason I have so many of these little toasts and toppings on the blog is everybody seems to love them. No matter what!
Balsamic Caramelized Onion Crostini will knock your socks off with over-the-top flavor.
Mushroom Bruschetta Crostinis are clean and fresh and also very Mediterranean in its ingredients.
Last but absolutely not least is Mixed Olive Tapenade Crostini. Need I say more.
So now there is this Mediterranean Bruschetta recipe on the blog and I couldn't be happier. Try it out!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Mediterranean Bruschetta Crostini Appetizer
- 1 cup cauliflower, florets, cut very fine
- ½ cup kalamata olives - chopped small
- ½ cup green olives - chopped small
- ½ cup cup artichoke hearts - canned in water, chopped small with the coarse leaves thrown away
- ½ cup roasted red bell peppers - chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 long loaf of Italian bread for slicing
- To a medium bowl add all of the ingredients except for the bread. Toss.
To make Crostini:
- Slice a long baguette loaf (or use pre-sliced)
- Lightly brush oil on each slice and place on a cookie sheet.
- Fill up the cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Set oven to broil and toast on the top shelf under the broiler. Do not walk away - watch the toast closely.
- Remove from the oven as soon as the toasts turn a golden brown.
- Serve the bruschetta in a bowl with toasts on the side.