Fully Loaded Black Bean Salad is a colorful & flavorful salad. Perfect & easy for potlucks, parties, lunches and anytime! Only 15 minutes.
Sometimes a salad shouldn’t have any lettuce at all. All your favorite vegetables mixed with a tangy dressing is the perfect accompaniment for your main dish. Perfect for lunch too and ‘WooHoo’ a buffet!
I have to admit that I eat tons of lettuce salads and I include my favorite ingredients to toss. But you can bet your tiniest carrots that I have plenty of lettuce free salads. A couple of tasty ones that I have on this blog are Asparagus Couscous Salad and Trio Italiano Panzanella Pasta Salad. In fact, just search for ‘salad’ at the top right of this page and you’ll get about ten different salads.
Anything that can be made ahead and that only get’s better with time is a ‘Go’ for me. You can make Fully Loaded Black Bean Salad a day or two in advance of a party or gathering and the melding of the flavors will be perfect. Scoop it up with a fork and eat away. I cheat and eat it immediately too. It’s good stuff.
You can use frozen or fresh corn for this salad but get organic or non-GMO verified. We all need our nutrients to stay healthy and strong. I don’t mean this to sound like a commercial against GMO products – it’s just a fact. Technical information aside …
The colors are beautiful and inviting. These fresh ingredients are easy to find in your grocery store or farmer’s market so nothing is stopping you from having a fun and healthy new salad.
I already have mine in the fridge but there isn’t much left. Luckily, I am going to someone else’s house for the weekend celebration. But have no fear. I’ll make it again and serve it at my next party.
Fully Loaded Black Bean Salad
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 cans 15 ounces each organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut the kernels from the cob or defrost the frozen corn.
- In a large bowl, stir together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add corn, beans, bell pepper, tomatoes and onion.
- Toss well.
- Eat now or cover and chill for about 2 hours.
This salad will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. If it didn't have the tomatoes it would keep a week. So you can omit the tomatoes and keep it longer and add tomatoes when it gets closer to the serving day.