Panzanella Pasta Salad is light and healthy. Easy to make, a filling lunch and perfect for parties. The pasta even includes vegetables.
Pasta Salad season is upon us and a vegetable packed pasta salad is a must have. I am always looking for ways to improve my recipes and you can’t go wrong with veggies in the pasta. It was a fun shopping spree to find the right pasta to make this Panzanella Pasta Salad.
When I found Trio Italiano Ronzoni Pasta it just about jumped in my cart it wanted to go with me so bad. The feeling was mutual. I mean, really? Veggies in the pasta. Heaven.
Everybody in my family loves pasta salads so any time there is a party brewing I make sure I get a huge bowl made and in the fridge. People are so grateful it makes me smile. Next time I am doubling the recipe because leftovers are fantastic! I could eat it every day.
I have been going Mediterranean lately too. Maybe it’s the heat because a cool vegetable dish sounds so much lighter and healthier.
A week or so ago I posted my Three Grain Mediterranean Tabbouleh. That’s a very different type of salad from this one but all of the flavors of a healthy diet are packed into both.
For this pasta salad the lightly crunchy chunks of bread top it all off as something special. Yep, I made a bread salad, which is also called panzanella and then added pasta. The best of both world’s.
Check out the ingredients and preparation for this one below – right here and right now.
Panzanella Pasta Salad
- 1 Italian bread - small, unsliced, loaf of French or Italian - cut into 1" cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounce Ronzoni Garden Delight Trio Italiano or any mix of colorful pasta shells
- cherry tomatoes - or grape tomatoes, cut into fourths, wedges, I used grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper - cut into strips
- 1/2 cup white onion - cut into long strips
For the vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 275 F.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Toss.
- Place the pan in the oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the bread cubes cool.
- While the bread cubes are toasting cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
For the vinaigrette
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, place the pasta, tomatoes, red bell pepper, onion and toasted bread cubes.
- Pour over the vinaigrette and add the salt and pepper.
- Toss well.
- Let set for about a half an hour before serving.
Taste again to see if you would like to add more salt.
Toss again and serve.