Spanish Rice is served with so many Mexican style meals. It is the perfect side dish along with being colorful and tasty. Now it’s time for Fiesta!
No wonder Spanish Rice is served with so many Mexican style meals. It is the perfect side dish along with being colorful and tasty. A nice little addition is that you can make it as spicy as you want. Simply add more hot sauce or salsa.
We use brown rice instead of white rice and serve it along side our Gringo Enchiladas or a specialty burrito, taquitos, fajitas – there are so many good dishes. The only thing to think of now is … Fiesta!
Spanish Rice with Pinto Beans
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon from a jar
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces pinto beans - drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- Have your rice cooked to measure 4 cups.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute the onion and bell peppers until the onion is translucent, about 15 minutes
- Add garlic and cook 3 more minutes.
- To the skillet add the diced tomatoes, vegetable bouillon, tumeric, salt and pepper.
- Add the beans and rice to heat through.
Package in rigid sided freezer container. TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING: Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
The night of serving -
Put all in a large saucepan and heat through. They also can be heated in the microwave if you prefer.