No wonder Spanish Rice is served with so many Mexican style meals. It is the perfect side dish along with being colorful and tasty. Now it’s time for Fiesta!
No wonder Spanish Rice is served with so many Mexican style meals. It is the perfect side dish along with being colorful and tasty. A nice little addition is that you can make it as spicy as you want. Simply add more hot sauce or salsa.
We use brown rice instead of white rice and serve it along side our Gringo Enchiladas or a specialty burrito, taquitos, fajitas – there are so many good dishes. The only thing to think of now is … Fiesta!
Spanish Rice with Pinto Beans
- The top middle photo has had salsa added for a bigger kick of heat.
- Have your rice cooked to measure 4 cups.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Saute the onion and bell peppers until the onion is translucent, about 15 minutes
- Add the garlic and cook 3 more minutes.
- To the skillet add the diced tomatoes, vegetable bouillon, tumeric, salt and pepper.
- Add the beans and rice to heat through.
Recipe NotesIF FREEZING:br]Let cool to room temperature.
Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article [How to Prepare Food for the Freezer.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
The night of serving -
Put all in a large saucepan and heat through. They also can be heated in the microwave if you prefer.