Ranch Cauliflower Tacos are full of a great mix of veggies that have been cooked just right. The tangy coolness of homemade ranch dressing will make you want this taco recipe every single Taco Tuesday.
Tacos are so popular they have actually been associated with a day of the week. In fact, they are so delicious
I would love to think up clever sayings for tacos for every day. Something like Spicy Taco Sunday or Winning Taco Wednesday.
When you take your first bite of these vegan cauliflower tacos you’ll be tasting all kinds of flavors accompanied with the nice tang of ranch dressing.
Can you just imagine?
I could name one of the days Tangy Taco Thursday. Then I could make sure that this recipe made it on our menu every week.
I’m sure you’ve all heard of street tacos and street corn. Have you wondered what a street taco really is? Well, me me me! I know! Ha!
What’s a Street Taco?
- The taco shell is a small corn tortilla quickly fried on each side and then filled as a taco before the shell gets to hard to fold. It’s not a crispy shell – just firmer.
- It’s usually sold from vendors on the street and are to be a snack not a meal.
- The filling is spiced with many flavorings such as chili, onion and sometimes cilantro.
- There will be a variety of red and green salsas to choose from.
- No cheese, Nope, no cheese. Or lettuce for that matter. Or tomatoes. They are simple snacks.
So as you can see none of my tacos can ever be considered street tacos but they are tacos none the less. Check out the list below.
Vegan cauliflower tacos are a perfect snack or meal with ranch topping being an added bonus. Filling and delicious!
What Are Some More Unusual Taco Recipes?
- Funny you should ask. I’m a little taco crazy and here are a few of my recipes. Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos are spicy and easy with lots of flavor.
- You can take advantage of ready made breaded faux chicken or faux fish products for these satisfying Crispy Tenders Chickenless Tacos.
- In just 20 minutes you can be eating tangy sweet and spicy Mexican style Sloppy Joe Tacos.
- Spicy Lentil Tacos include six wonderful herbs and spices and lots of protein.
Mexican style food shows up in our house every week. Maybe even twice a week. It almost always consists of tortillas such as with tostadas or enchiladas.
Either flour or corn tortillas are used and I mix and match with the recipe any way that I like. If we’re eating a soft taco then it’s flour tortillas. What can I say? I am a gringo.
There are many great side dishes too. Side dishes that can be served with tacos or other non-traditional Mexican style food.
What are Some Side Dishes for Mexican style Food?
- These aren’t ‘Mexican’ but Cornbread Corn Muffins go surprisingly well with bean and rice dishes.
- Fully Loaded Black Bean Salad would be perfect with these vegan cauliflower tacos. The ranch dressing would really contrast well.
- Red River Rice is a great foil to spicy food. Of course, you can always add some salsa and heat it through for more spicy flavors.
- So sweet, so pure Fried Corn goes great with every Mexican style dish I can think of.
- Don’t Forget the Chunky Tomato Salsa for Everything!
Ranch Cauliflower Tacos
For the Ranch Dressing:
- 1 cup cashews - cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight, then drained
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk, plus more if needed
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Tacos:
- 1 head cauliflower - cut into florets, probably about 3 cups
- 15 ounces chickpeas - canned, chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 tortillas - vegan corn tortillas of your choice, hard or soft
- 2 ounces baby spinach, rinsed well
To Make the Ranch Dressing:
- Put the soaked cashews in a food processor. Add all the remaining 8 dressing ingredients
- Process until smooth. Add more milk, if needed, to get the consistency of dressing.
- The flavors will meld after resting in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, but you can still use it immediately. Pour into a container and store in the refrigerator. The ranch dressing will keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
To Make the Tacos:
- Steam the cauliflower florets for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and break up into very small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, tomato, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- If you have soft tacos, fry them in hot oil for a minute or two on each side. Fold over to drain and cool in a taco shape. If you are using hard tacos, you are ready to go and to go oil free.
- Spoon the filling into each taco, add baby spinach, and drizzle with ranch dressing. Serve.
How Do I Store These Ranch Cauliflower Tacos?
Storing in the refrigerator:
- The filling will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freeze the filling only in freezer-safe containers with hard sides and a tight lid. Will keep for up to 6 months. To serve after freezing, defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- Microwave on high power for 15 seconds just to take the chill off. Serve as described.
I forgot to tell you about Green Chili Cornbread! They are such a great addition to a Southwest spread! Click on the pic if you’d like to check them out.