Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos recipe is easy and has an unusual list of ingredients. You would never guess. Put them all in a crockpot and when done – Whoa!
Mexican food is my favorite and to me, it consists of any concoction encased in soft or crispy tortillas.
Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos filling can be put in either kind of tortilla so that makes it doubly wonderful. I’ve also rolled the filling in soft tacos along with dairy-free cheese – like a burrito.
It’s just good stuff.
The recipe is easy and has an unusual list of ingredients. You would never guess. I don’t want to give it away. Try not to jump down to the ingredients list.
It makes it more fun that way.
If you do take a peek, read slowly so you can be surprised – more than once.
It is easy to double or triple the ingredients too. So take it to a potluck or serve to a huge crowd.
Let everyone spoon up their own filling and add the toppings that they want. Lettuce is always good on tacos.
I do like a little lime squeezed on mine but that is just another quirk that I have. Lime is good with so many things.
In fact, here is a recipe that would go really well with these tacos – Michelada, the Mexican Bloody Mary. See the limes?
Crock Pot recipes can be so easy and Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos is one of the simplest.
All you have to do is round up all of the ingredients, put them in the crockpot, turn it on and … that is it.
After the cooking time has ended all you need to do is spoon it down the middle of a taco shell and eat it up.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Check out the video on how to make these tacos. If you’re on desktop the video is right here, below, and if ou’re on mobile then it’s at the top of the page.
Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos
- 30 ounces pinto beans 2 cans, 15 ounces each, drained
- 1 cup corn canned, frozen or fresh
- 3 ounces chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 6 ounces tomato paste 1 can
- 3/4 cup Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 8 taco shells hard white corn or your favorite, hard or soft
- favorite toppings = lettuce, avocado, lime
- Well, here we go. I am all about 'easy' cooking.
- Put everything in the crockpot.
- Cook on low 3 to 4 hours or on high 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Spread quite a bit on your favorite taco shells, hard or soft.
- Top with lettuce (I used sliced romaine).
- You can also add fresh tomatoes, and avocado. Lime is a nice touch too.
- Serve with some beans and rice if you like. You can even try my Homemade Slow Cooker Refried Beans
Let cool to room temperature and then pack in rigid sided containers as defined in my article How to Prepare Food for the Freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator a few (4 to 6) hours before serving.
Put the filling in a saucepan to heat through and serve.
Now I’m trying to decide to show you another delicious taco or a margarita. Such decisions! Okay, a taco.
Second taco? Out of five more different recipes on the blog how about Ranch Cauliflower Tacos?