Mexican Sloppy Joe Tacos sound unusual don’t they? They are! Easy, unusual and delicious and it will all take you under 20 minutes. Just hold it over your plate and take a big bite.
Mexican Sloppy Joe Tacos has a tangy taco filling that comes from a few very unusual ingredients. It’s based on sloppy joe recipes but with some Mexican style spicy added. You’ve got to check it out!
Tacos are good – all the time. The weekly Taco Tuesday tradition is such a smart idea. Handy little corn tortillas filled with an array of veggies and sauces is a dream come true.
This time I used plant-based meat crumbles. You can buy store bought ones, already crumbled, or buy your favorite product and crumble it yourself. Don;t forget you can always make your own seitan too.
You can make this homemade steamed seitan recipe and crumble it to use in in this recipe. So delicious.
The filling is a skillet recipe where all you have to do is add all of the ingredients to a pan and cook for a few minutes. That’s it! Stuff those taco shells!
Fiestas are also a really fun theme to plan for a party. Use your most colorful plates and napkins. A big pitcher of margaritas for adults and a pitcher of lemonade slushies for the kiddies would be a perfect party.
Why not have two different taco choices but just make sure Mexican Sloppy Joe Tacos is one of them. It has a unique flavor and people love them.
I outlined some ideas for throwing a taco party right below the next photo.
Shredded cabbage mix makes this taco assembly really easy. For some reason the combination is super good together. You can add a whole lot more shredded cabbage to your taco too. Just hold it over your plate and enjoy.
How to Throw a Taco Party
- To set the stage have colorful props. Placemats, napkins. streamers, glasses, pitchers, bowls and plates. Anything you can think of.
- A variety of finger foods to compliment the food such as Easy Pickled Carrots and Hot Pinto Bean Dip. Serve the dip with veggies and tortilla chips. Remember, everything in colorful bowls.
- It’s amazing how Mexican style recipes all deem to go together. Spanish Rice with Pinto Beans would be a good side dish and don’t forget the Refried Beans. These are from the slow cooker.
- Ice cold beer is always welcome and helps cool off the hot spices in so many of the dishes. There is also a very fun drink to make that’s called a Michelada. Beautiful to look and and delicious to drink.
- Besides these Mexican Sloppy Joe Tacos you might want to have a big pile of pre-rolled burritos all ready to go. Something like these Slow Cooker Black Bean Burritos.
- Three different salsas with different temperatures of spicy heat will be appreciated.
- Something sweet for dessert would make everyone happy and these Mexican Wedding Cookies would be perfect.
More Tacos for More Good Eating!
- Spicy Lentil Tacos is a fast recipe too.
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos have an ingredient mixture that tastes so good together.
- Crispy Tender Chickleness Tacos are so very satisfying.
Let’s Get Connected!
Mexican Sloppy Joe Tacos
Mexican Sloppy Joe Tacos are unusual and delicious and they will take you under 20 minutes
- 10 ounces beefless ground beef, about 10 ounces
- 18 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa, your favorite
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, make sure you get a vegan variety
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 avocado
So so so easy. Put the first 6 ingredients in a skillet. Heat to medium/medium high.
Cook and stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
Serve on taco shells. I kid you not!
- IF SERVING NOW or in a COUPLE OF DAYS:
Heat through right before serving. I put the cabbage in the shell first. Then scoop in as much filling as you like leaving room for avocado and maybe some onions. Anything you like.
Let cool to room temperature and then pack in rigid sided freezer safe containers.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator a few (4 to 6) hours before serving. Put the filling in a saucepan to heat through and serve.