Vegan Chicken Meatless Tacos are crispy tender on the inside and will satisfy everyone’s cravings. Only six ingredients and minutes to make these irresistible vegan and vegetarian tacos.
It was a tradition at our house to go down to Dana Point and have tacos at this cute little beach shack on mother’s birthday. It was casual dressing and all of us walked around the boat docks.
We only dreamed about the yachts, but hey, we were ‘on the water’.
Those unique tacos are still calling my name so you can see why I got excited when I found this wonderful meat-free option at the store.
Bake and chop the pre-prepared breaded meatless chick’n tenders then go with your favorite toppings. The ingredients I have in this recipe mimic the beachy tacos of the past.
I can’t tell you how glad I am to have found these plant-based tenders for some great meatless tacos. My world has been opened up to a whole slew of easy new recipes.
Vegan and Vegetarian Tacos and their Ingredients
- Corn tortillas – traditional shells that you can use hard or soft
- Vegan Crispy Tenders – I used Gardein because they are already breaded and ready to heat
- Coleslaw mix – adds more crunch and flavor
- Dairy-free ranch dressing – can be bought or be homemade to add flavor
- Tomatoes – add flavor
- Red onion – gives some tang to these vegan chicken tacos with added crunch
That’s it! Six ingredients and they come together as simply as counting to six.
How To Make Vegan Tacos
- Bake the meatless chicken according to the directions on the package.
- Cut the tenders into small bite-size pieces so that you can sprinkle the bites in the taco shells.
- While the vegan chicken is baking prepare the shells and ingredients.
- If you have the crispy hard-shelled corn taco shells then just set them aside.
- If you have soft corn tortillas then heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry each tortilla shell on each side.
- That’s what I did for these tacos and that is how they are prepared in these photos.
- After you remove one taco shell out of the pan, lightly fold it over so that as it cools it will keep a curved taco shape.
- I set them up on a baking sheet between two glass and move the glasses further apart as I fill in more taco shells.
- Now fill each shell with some coleslaw mix, pour on a little dairy-free ranch dressing, add some onion and tomatoes and then the baked and chopped crispy tenders.
- Top with a little more ranch dressing.
Don’t those look like great tacos with lots of great bites? They’re easy to make and you can do it!
Tacos are a favorite meal for almost everyone. I think besides being delicious there is such a variety of flavor and texture combinations.
Also, they are super fast to make!
Can Flour Tortillas Be Used for Vegan Chicken Tacos?
- Yes, I do it all the time!
- There are even small 5″ flour tortilla shells in the grocery stores now.
- They can also be crisped up in a skillet and shaped just as you would corn tortillas.
- If you like soft flour tortillas (as I do) you can make your tacos in a softshell too. Not corn tortillas but flour tortillas.
- They are delicious!
What Are Some Other Taco Recipes?
- Pure vegetables and taste fill up these Ranch Cauliflower Tacos.
- Mexican Sloppy Joe Tacos are unique and also take advantage of pre-packaged meatless beef.
- A delicious mixture of ingredients will surprise you in these Corn and Black Bean Salsa Tacos.
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos can be made as spicy as you like and are super easy.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Vegan Chicken Meatless Tacos
- 10 corn tortillas
- 10 ounce package crispy tenders, there is a fishless variety too
- 10 ounce package pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup dairy-free ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup tomatoes - diced small
- 1/2 cup red onion - diced small
- This is so delicious and simple - it is more of a how-to than a recipe.
- Bake the crispy tenders according to the directions on the package. Cut the tenders into small bite size pieces so that you can sprinkle the bites in the taco shells.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients while the meatless chicken is baking.
- If you have the crispy hard shelled corn taco shells then just set them aside.
- If you have the soft corn tortillas then heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a small frying pan over medium high heat. Fry each tortilla shell on each side. After you remove one taco shell out of the pan, Lightly fold it over so that as it cools it will keep a taco shape. I set them up on a baking sheet between two glass and move the glasses further apart as I fill in more taco shells.
- Fill each shell with the cole slaw mix, pour on a little dairy-free ranch dressing, add some onion and tomatoes and then the crispy tenders. Top with a little more ranch dressing.
- Take a big bite.