Crispy Tenders Chickenless Tacos are a twist on the famous taco founded on the coast of Southern California. Sooo easy to make – delicious in just minutes.
It was a tradition at our house to go down to Dana Point and have tacos at this cute little beach shack on mother’s birthday. It was casual dressing and all of us walked around the boat docks.
We only dreamed about the yachts, but hey, we were ‘on the water’.
Those tacos are still calling my name so you can see why I got excited when I found this wonderful meat-free option at the store.
I can’t tell you how glad I am to have found these. My world has opened up to a whole slew of new recipes.
Crispy Tenders Chickenless Tacos
Crispy Tenders Chickenless Tacos are a twist on the famous taco founded on the coast of Southern California.
- 10 corn tortillas
- 10 ounce package crispy tenders, there is a fishless variety too
- 10 ounce package pre-shredded cole slaw mix
- 1 cup dairy-free ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup tomatoes - diced small
- 1/2 cup red onion - diced small
- This is so delicious and simple - it is more of a how-to than a recipe.
- If you have the crispy hard shelled corn taco shells then just set them aside.
- If you have the soft corn tortillas then heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a small frying pan over medium high heat. Fry each tortilla shell on each side. After you remove one taco shell out of the pan, Lightly fold it over so that as it cools it will keep a taco shape. I set them up on a baking sheet between two glass and move the glasses further apart as I fill in more taco shells.
- Bake the crispy tenders according to the directions on the package. Cut the tenders into small bite size pieces so that you can sprinkle the bites in the taco shells.
- Fill each shell with the cole slaw mix, pour on a little dairy-free ranch dressing, add some onion and tomatoes and then the crispy tenders. Top with a little more ranch dressing.
- Take a big bite.