Vegan Fajitas aka Meatless Chicken Fajitas are filled with a variety of grilled vegetables. Live the spicy life with flavors of the southwest!
Vegan Fajitas are filled with a variety of savory grilled vegetables. Included in this recipe is wonderful meatless chicken and peanuts for even more texture.
That little bit of peanut crunch makes this fajita special and a dash of cinnamon keeps true to the Hispanic spirit.
Black Olives, avocado and a variety of ice cold drinks make for a party. And don’t forget! Everything has to be super colorful.
I got carried away. All I was trying to do was give you a simple and delicious fajita recipe and I started planning a party.
Well, add Vegan Fajitas aka Meatless Chicken Fajitas to your table and it will fit right into the festivities. I mean, it will make a fantastic and simple meal for your family to enjoy.
Vegan Fajitas with Meatless Chicken
Vegan Fajitas with Meatless Chicken are filled with a variety of grilled vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion - diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper - julienned, whatevewr the size of your bell pepper measures at is good
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces meatless chicken strips - it comes in a package and could also be ounces, sliced and/or cubed small
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 10 tortillas - whole wheat
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add onion and bell pepper.
- Saute for about 15 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add spices and cook 5 more minutes.
- Turn up to medium and add the meatless chicken and peanuts. Cook 5 minutes.
Add vegetable broth.
Heat through and serve on tortillas.
At this point you can also freeze the filling and serve with tortillas at a later date.
- IF SERVING NOW:
Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the fajita mixture.
Sprinkle with any other of your favorite toppings such as vegan sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Fold or roll up the tortilla and take a bite.
Let cool to room temperature. Package in rigid sided freezer container.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
When serving - Heat a little oil in a skillet and add the mixture. Heat through and serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.