Vegan Fajitas aka Meatless Chicken Fajitas are filled with a variety of grilled vegetables. Live the spicy life with flavors of the southwest!
Vegan Fajitas are filled with a variety of savory grilled vegetables. Included in this recipe is wonderful meatless chicken and peanuts for even more texture.
That little bit of peanut crunch makes this fajita special and a dash of cinnamon keeps true to the Hispanic spirit.
This is what the refried Beans look like!
Black Olives, avocado and a variety of ice cold drinks make for a party. And don't forget! Everything has to be super colorful.
I got carried away. All I was trying to do was give you a simple and delicious fajita recipe and I started planning a party.
Add Fajitas to your table and it will fit right into the festivities. I mean, it will make a fantastic and simple meal for your family to enjoy.
Helpful Tools for Vegan Fajitas
A nice big stainless steel skillet is so handy. This one even has a lid.
You have to have a set of measuring spoons for this recipe and as always I love stainless steel.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Vegan Fajitas with Meatless Chicken
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion - diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper - julienned, whatever the size of your bell pepper measures at is good
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces meatless chicken strips
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 10 tortillas - whole wheat
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add onion and bell pepper.
- Saute for about 15 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add spices and cook 5 more minutes.
- Turn up to medium and add the meatless chicken and peanuts. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth.
- Heat through and serve on tortillas.
- At this point you can also freeze the filling and serve with tortillas at a later date.
- IF SERVING NOW:
- Fill each tortilla with about ¼ to ½ cup of the fajita mixture.
- Sprinkle with any other of your favorite toppings such as vegan sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Fold or roll up the tortilla and take a bite.
Let cool to room temperature. Package in rigid sided freezer containers.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
When serving - Heat a little oil in a skillet and add the mixture. Heat through and serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.