Vegan Fajitas aka Meatless Chicken Fajitas are filled with a variety of grilled vegetables. Live the spicy life with flavors of the southwest!
Vegan Fajitas are filled with a variety of savory grilled vegetables. Included in this recipe is wonderful meatless chicken and peanuts for even more texture.
That little bit of peanut crunch makes this fajita special and a dash of cinnamon keeps true to the Hispanic spirit.
I think one of the most fun times is a Mexican themed party. There are endless choices to add to the buffet. Side dishes such as Instant Pot Refried Beans and Red River Rice would be ideal.
This is what the refried Beans look like!
Black Olives, avocado and a variety of ice cold drinks make for a party. And don't forget! Everything has to be super colorful.
I got carried away. All I was trying to do was give you a simple and delicious fajita recipe and I started planning a party.
Add Fajitas to your table and it will fit right into the festivities. I mean, it will make a fantastic and simple meal for your family to enjoy.
Helpful Tools for Vegan Fajitas
A nice big stainless steel skillet is so handy. This one even has a lid.
You have to have a set of measuring spoons for this recipe and as always I love stainless steel.
Let cool to room temperature. Package in rigid sided freezer containers.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
When serving - Heat a little oil in a skillet and add the mixture. Heat through and serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.
Vegan Fajitas with Meatless Chicken
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion - diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper - julienned, whatever the size of your bell pepper measures at is good
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces meatless chicken strips
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 10 tortillas - whole wheat
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add onion and bell pepper.
- Saute for about 15 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add spices and cook 5 more minutes.
- Turn up to medium and add the meatless chicken and peanuts. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth.
- Heat through and serve on tortillas.
- At this point you can also freeze the filling and serve with tortillas at a later date.
- IF SERVING NOW:
- Fill each tortilla with about ¼ to ½ cup of the fajita mixture.
- Sprinkle with any other of your favorite toppings such as vegan sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Fold or roll up the tortilla and take a bite.
When I was a kid, we used to eat at Chilis often, and chicken fajitas were my go-to. I can't wait to enjoy them again! It has been decades!
Oh, that is fantastic Becky! So happy you found these.
This looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing:)
My pleasure Irina! Thank you 🙂
It looks delicious.Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Well, thanks! My pleasure.