Best Vegan Chocolate Brownies Ever are topped with creamy chocolate peanut butter frosting and filled with chocolate chips and pecans. Making this easy brownie recipe with cocoa powder just seems like the right thing to do.
Chocolate is my nemesis. Not in the way that you think because I can conquer any form of chocolate and whip it into a tasty and beautiful presentation.
Chocolate is gorgeous in a slab or a bowl, but it’s not so beautiful on my clothes. I think I have had chocolate on every piece of clothing that I own.
You would think that I would use an apron or ‘cooking clothes’ for my job. Not so. I dress for the day as if I was going to go out and then I go to the kitchen and get dirty.
Not unlike my husband when he decides to spread elastameric on the roof in his best jeans. We have no sense.
So let’s get started! Just look at these incredibly rich, fudgy brownies with that creamy chocolate peanut butter frosting.
The brownies are made in one saucepan – no bowl at all.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Brownies
There are quite a few ingredients but nothing difficult at all. Just measure out your ingredients and you’re on your way.
A medium-sized saucepan will take care of the production of the batter.
You start by melting the dairy-free butter then add in the cocoa powder and instant coffee granules. Make sure it is all melted and mixed together well.
Remove from the heat and start to add in the ingredients one at a time in the order that is listed in the recipe card.
You even stir the chocolate chips and pecans into the pan. Mix them in quickly. It will have cooled down considerably so the chocolate chips will hold their own in the batter.
Pour the mixture into the prepared 8″x8″ pan and bake. See how pretty and glossy it is on the pan below.
You can either grease the bottom and sides of the pan or lay parchment paper on the bottom for easy removal.
It’s also a very simple clean-up job.
After the brownies have cooled you can add the chocolate frosting. You know how this is an easy brownie recipe with cocoa powder.
How to Make Chocolate Frosting for Brownies
- The recipe for the frosting is also simple and straightforward.
- The deep chocolate flavor is enhanced with just that little bit of coffee. It’s a baking trick.
- There is a bit of peanut butter in the recipe and this chocolate frosting for brownies is the best!
- In about 5 minutes when all of the ingredients are mixed tigether you are ready to ice.
- You may even share some of the brownies before the frosting has been added because they are just that good.
- Now clip the corner of a plastic sandwich bag (or piping bag) and fit in the basic star tip. Pipe in a spiral on top of each brownie square.
- If you’d like to forego the piping go ahead and just spread it on like cake icing.
Do you see the sprinkles on top of the frosting? All I did was grind up a tiny bit of chocolate chips and sprinkled it over the top. It’s just pretty.
If you love chocolate brownies like I do then you’re going to love all of these recipes. Each is unique and irresistible.
Autumns Oreo Brownies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
The recipe title is a mouthful – but Best Vegan Chocolate Brownies Ever with Pecans & Chocolate Frosting is the kind of mouthful you want to have!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
What Do You Think?
If you take a photo of your super chocolaty vegan chocolate brownie recipe I would love to see it. Follow me over on Instagram and tag me on your photo @vegan_in_the_freezer.
Your opinion means a lot to me and if you’d like to leave a comment and possibly a star rating I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Best Vegan Chocolate Brownies Ever
For the brownies
- 2/3 cup dairy-free butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar coconut sugar
- 2 egg substitutes - you can use any type that you like - I use chia eggs - see below*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder baking powder
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan.
For the brownies
- Mix your two egg substitutes and set aside. Use any of your favorite.
- *A chia egg is actually made with chia seed meal/flour not the bare seed. The way you make meal/flour is by grinding the chia seed in a processor such as one for your coffee beans or a spice grinder. I use mine to strictly grind seeds so that I do not mix flavors. Grind until it is a fine meal. I do about 4 ounces at a time and keep it in a little freezer safe canning jar - in the freezer. When I need a tablespoon or so it is all ready to go.
- Melt the dairy-free butter in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the cocoa and instant coffee.
- Stir until well blended.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugars.
- Mix in the prepared egg substitutes and vanilla.
- Mix until combined and then stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the pecans and chocolate pieces.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip over on a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled cut into 16 2" squares.
For the frosting
- In a medium bowl mix all of the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- If it seems too stiff you can add another tablespoon of non-dairy milk.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag with your favorite tip.
- Pipe the frosting on the top of each brownie.
- I sprinkled a little bit of ground up semi-sweet chocolate chips over the frosting.