That's right! Not rum balls but Spiced Rum Balls. These little treats are so good! A lot of simple ingredients that mix so well and taste so amazing.
Here's one more chance to turn out a festive sweet treat for the holidays. Any one of those three day long holidays. So simple and festive!
Everything is put through a food processor and ground quite fine. The mixture rolls up into these delicious balls and they can easily become a new tradition added to any of your get-togethers.
I've got all the bases covered too. Gluten free, no bake, quick, delicious and festive. You can double the recipe and freeze some for another day too.
I was just at one of those big box stores and they were loaded with these huge bags of nuts. Each variety had it's own packaging and they were so pretty.
Don't I sound like a nut addict? Yes, that's my downfall. Keep your jewels, I want nuts. Ha! How else could I make these super little gems?
A little aside is that I thought Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum would be the way to go for this recipe but then I got introduced to Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum.
I know funny names but either one of these spicy blend's is perfect for just a touch of celebration.
Whichever product you use the outcome will be delicious and easy. These bites can even be put out as one of the pre-dinner appetizers. No need to wait.
I just have to sneak in one more great holiday snack ball the=at is perfect for holidays. This time it's the ever popular Kahlua Truffles. They are just as easy but taste completely different.
Not much is needed for perfect Spiced Rum Balls but here are some hints just in case.
A food prccessor helps you complete this recipe in no time.
I'm sure you already have mixing bowls but here is one of my favorite sets. You even get a couple of bonuses.
Spiced Rum Balls
- 4 cups pitted dates, finely chopped or processed in food processor
- 4 tablespoons spiced rum of your choice
- 4 cups walnuts, finely chopped or processed in food processor
- ½ cup cashews, finely chopped or processed in food processor
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds - finely chopped or processed in food processor
- 2 ½ cup shredded coconut, finely chopped or processed in food processor
- ½ cup chocolate, melted
- Chop up the dates in a Food Processor if you have one. You may need to do them in a couple of batches because they are so sticky but you will get there.
- Process all of the nuts and coconut. They can all go together. The pieces need to be small so the balls roll up nicely.
- Now, put the ground up dates, nuts, and coconut in a very large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle half of it over the mixtures. Stir it in. Add the rest of the chocolate and mix it all in too. I use my fingers and make sure it is all blended well.
- Add the spiced rum.
- Mix all together again.
- Now to start rolling balls.
- If it is too sticky for you - you can lightly dampen your hands every once in a while. Not wet. I don't find the stickiness a problem.