Almond Milk Yogurt- Smooth, creamy, and versatile. Almond milk is cooked in an Instant Pot with vegan-friendly gelatin and flour to make yogurt so creamy and delicious that no one will believe it is homemade! Who knew making yogurt in the instant pot at home is so easy to do!
I don't know about you, but I could practically live on yogurt. It's always been one of my favorite snacks - and not just because it's nutritious. Yogurt is tasty, customizable, and it's good for you! The creamy texture is irresistible, it's cool and refreshing, plus it's a great way to start your day.
If you're looking for a healthy, satisfying snack, you can't go wrong with yogurt. Almond milk yogurt is an excellent choice for people who are lactose intolerant or vegan, and it has a mouthwatering flavor that everyone will love. It's incredibly easy to do, and the results are amazing. Your friends and family will be shocked when they find out that you made this yogurt yourself in an Instant Pot- it's that good!
Why You'll Love This Instant Pot Almond Milk Yogurt Recipe
Dreamy-Almond milk yogurt is a creamy, delicious, and satisfying snack that will satisfy your cravings for something cold and refreshing during the warmer months.
Budget-Friendly- Prepackaged yogurt is a lot more expensive than making your own at home, plus homemade always tastes better too!
Versatile- The possibilities for this homemade yogurt are endless! Add a variety of flavors, mix-ins, or use in countless other recipes.
One-Dish- This vegan yogurt is perfect for a fast and easy clean-up since it's all made in one dish.
Simple- Making your own yogurt may seem complicated, but it's actually quite easy to do!
Equipment Needed To Make This Dairy Free Yogurt Recipe
- Instant Pot
- Stirring Spoon
- Small Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
Ingredients For Your Yogurt In The Instant Pot
- Almond Milk
- Almond Yogurt
- Vegan-Friendly Gelatin
- Arrowroot Flour
How To Make Instant Pot Almond Milk Yogurt
Make sure the Instant Pot is clean and sanitized before making yogurt. You could get mold if the device isn't properly cleaned.
To make homemade yogurt, start by filling your Instant Pot with milk and switching it to yogurt mode. Continue to press until it says "boil" and cook until it reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the gelatin and flour after cooking is completed. Remove the inner pot from the Instant Pot while it's still hot. Allow the inside of the Instant Pot to cool down. Once it's cooled, skim the skin off the top of the milk.
In a small bowl, mix spoonfuls of pre-made yogurt until combined well, and then add it to the milk. Set the inner pot of the Instant Pot back in and turn on the yogurt function once again.
It takes anywhere from 12 to 16 hours to cook a batch of yogurt, depending on how thick you like it. After cooking, refrigerate until ready to consume.
Enjoy yogurt with some honey, fruit, granola, and other goodies when ready to eat.
What to Serve/Pair with Almond Milk Yogurt
Breakfast- Yogurt can be a delicious and nutritious start to the day, but combining it with cereal or oatmeal elevates it to new heights. Yogurt made with almond milk may also be served with pancakes or waffles.
Lunch- Homemade non-dairy yogurt is delicious in a smoothie for lunch or as a side dish mixed with fruit.
Snack- Use yogurt as a dip for apples, other fruit slices, or cookies.
Dinner- Almond milk yogurt is an excellent alternative to sour cream on tacos or chili.
Dessert- Add chocolate chips to your homemade yogurt to make a delicious after-dinner treat.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
If you're looking to add a little more flavor or sweetness to your delicious almond milk yogurt, try one of these popular additions:
- Vanilla extract
- Agave nectar
- Maple syrup
- Coconut sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Fresh Fruit
How To Reheat & Store Almond Milk Yogurt
What Is The Best Way To Store Yogurt Made In The Instant Pot?
Instant Pot almond milk yogurt is best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How Long Will Almond Milk Yogurt Last In the Fridge?
If stored correctly in an airtight container, this homemade almond milk yogurt will last for 5 days in the fridge.
Can I Freeze Almond Milk Yogurt?
Yes, almond milk yogurt may be frozen. When kept in an airtight container or resealable freezer bags, it will last for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and stir thoroughly before serving when ready to eat.
How To Reheat Yogurt Made With Almond Milk?
Yogurt is best eaten cold, and it doesn't need to be reheated. Yogurt will begin to sour if kept out of the refrigerator for too long, so be mindful of how long you keep it at room temperature.
Instant Pot Almond Milk Yogurt FAQs
Can I use flavored almond yogurt in this recipe?
Yes, you can use any flavor of almond yogurt you like in this recipe. I prefer to use plain almond yogurt to make it more versatile.
Is there a way to make my yogurt thicker?
Yes. Simply cook your yogurt for a bit longer to thicken it. Depending on how thick you like your yogurt, it might take anywhere from 12 to 16 hours for it to thicken.
Can I use coconut milk instead of almond milk for this yogurt?
Yes, you can use coconut milk in this recipe. I find that almond milk yogurt is thicker and has a creamier texture, but you may enjoy the texture and flavor of coconut milk yogurt better.
Can I make this recipe without an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can make this recipe on the stovetop. Follow the same basic instructions, but cook your yogurt in a pot on the stove until it has reached the desired thickness. You will need to stir frequently to prevent burning.
Can I make a bigger batch of yogurt in my Instant Pot?
Yes! This recipe is so good and versatile that you will want to have plenty on hand. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time as needed. You can double or triple this recipe to make more yogurt at once.
Other Light Snack Recipes You'll Love
Don’t Forget To Come Back And Let Me Know How Your Almond Milk Yogurt In The Instant Pot Turned Out!
Instant Pot Almond Milk Yogurt
- ½ gallon almond milk (homemade almond milk will come out thicker where store bought will come out thinner. All in the preference!)
- 3 tbsp plain almond yogurt with live active cultures
- 2 tbsp gelatin There are Vegan options, the easiest replacement is Agar Agar which is my preference.
- 4 tbsp arrowroot flour
- Clean and sterilize all of your equipment, especially the ring in your IP. You could risk getting mold if it is not completely sterilized.
- Add milk to your Instant Pot. Close the lid on your Instant Pot.
- Press Yogurt mode and continue to press until it displays "BOIL". This will take about 45 minutes. It should be at 180 degrees Fahrenheit. If it does not, press"Saute" on your Instant Pot while stirring until it reaches 180 degrees. Add in your gelatin and arrowroot. Mix well.
- Remove the inner pot once you have reached the degree and let it cool. You can speed up the cooling process by placing the pot in cold water, or ice water(I place it in the sink with cold water). Allow it to cool until 115 degrees.
- Skim the skin off your milk, and discard. In a small bowl, add a few spoonsful to your already made 3 tbsp yogurt. Mix well, then add to your inner pot. Mix well.
- Bring our inner pot back to the Instant Pot. Press "Yogurt" function, and up the time to 12 hours (when the Instant Pot has started yogurt function, it will not count down line pressure cooking. It will count up to 12 hours.). If you like your yogurt thicker, you can up the time to 16 hours.
- After the time has completed, transfer the inner pot to your refrigerator to cool for at least 6-8 hours.
- Top with honey, fruits, granola, and more! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply