Date Bar Granola is a comforting breakfast meal. A simple, healthy and delicious breakfast that just takes minutes to prepare.
In the old days I had no idea I could make my own cereal. Not only have it homemade but where I could control all of the ingredients and at a fraction of the cost. The Best Date Bars Ever was my inspiration if you’d like to check them out.
My husband is obsessed with reading cereal labels. Maybe it isn’t so much an obsession as much as it just takes him a very long time to find a box that is acceptable. Sodium and sugar are major culprits.
He has settled on three favorites and, happily, my homemade granola is one. The granola is certainly healthy enough but he is also really really picky. No little tiny seeds (chia) and nothing too hard. Taste has to rule. Okay, then. Here you go!
Connect with Vegan in the Freezer
Date Bar Granola
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl place the oats, maple syrup and spices.
- Mix well.
- Spread on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and mix in the pecans and dates.
- Bake another 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Pack in airtight containers.
I use large canning jars and store in the refrigerator.
It will keep at least 3 months in the refrigerator.
Serve with your favorite plant based milk.
You may freeze it for up to 6 months.