Hawaiian Banana Date Muffins have some of everyone’s tropical favorites. Mix and bake and you’ll be feeling the ocean breeze in no time.
Hawaiian Banana Date Muffins bring back memories of one of the first recipes I learned to bake, Banana Nut Bread. Although you can’t go wrong with a moist and sweet bread, these have an added twist of going Hawaiian.
All of my tropical favorites are in here. They even have coconut sugar which should really get you feeling that ocean breeze.
I’ve decided to try a new tradition – Muffin Mondays. We are already meatless on Mondays and every other date of the week so why not create and take advantage of another celebration. That’s my motto!
Maybe you’d like to try some of my other muffins along with me. Besides these Hawaiian Banana Date Muffins there are Cinnamon Apple Crisp Muffins and Cinnamon Streusel Mini Muffins just to name a couple. Start with this one though because it is so simple. Nothing extra to do but mix and bake.
Hawaiian Banana Date Muffins
- 2 cups bananas about 2 1/2 mashed
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Organic Flaxseed Meal
- 1 Egg Replacer prepared according to your package directions
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk
- 1 cup chopped Organic Dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Lightly oil 12 muffin tins.
- Mash the bananas and set aside.
- Mix oil, coconut sugar and flax seed meal together and set aside.
- Prepare the egg replacer and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Add the oil mixture, prepared egg replacer, mashed banana and milk to the large bowl of dry ingredients.
- Stir lightly and then add the dates and walnuts. Stir until just combined.
- Divide evenly into 12 muffin tins.
- Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes
- Let set 10 minutes and then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.