Slow Cooker Lentil Vegetable Soup is, to say the least, easy and a flavorfully herbed dinner. You just throw in the ingredients and get a fantastic meal.
Nothing says fill-it-up like a hot pot of Slow Cooker Lentil Vegetable Soup that is all ready to serve. Bowls will be lined up waiting for their ladles full of flavorfully herbed vegetable soup.
Slow Cooker Lentil Vegetable Soup
Slow Cooker Lentil Vegetable Soup is, to say the least, easy and a flavorfully herbed dinner.
- 1 onion - white, chopped
- 2 carrots - cut on the bias or rolled cut
- 1 pound mushrooms cremini
- 1/2 cup green lentils - dried
- 15 ounces black beans - can, drained
- 14 1/4 ounces diced tomatoes - can
- 8 ounces whole kernel corn - can
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 32 ounces vegetable broth - low sodium if you like
- As simple as always - Add everything to the crock pot and stir.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
Let cool to room temperature.
Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article How to Prepare Food for the Freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight because it is a pretty solid mass and will take longer to defrost.
The night of serving -
Put all in a large saucepan and heat through. You can add more broth if you think it is too thick.
Ready to serve.