Almond Butter Balls covered in creamy smooth chocolate.
Do you know I never had a Rice Krispie Treat until about 5 years ago. Forgive me if I say they were just okay. I loved the crunch but not so much the marshmallow. Well, this recipe has now become my Rice Krispie Treat. To be vegan you can not use Kellogg’s but there are Organic Rice Crispies cereals and Natural Brown Rice Crisp cereals at many of the grocery stores.
There are only five ingredients and no baking for these Rice Krispie Almond Butter Balls. And the chocolate is only for the coating. Very easy to make so you might want to get started on them right now. It’ll make your day.
Rice Krispie Almond Butter Balls
- Place the softened butter in a large bowl.
- Add the almond butter and mix well.
- Add the powdered sugar and, again, mix well.
- Work in the rice crispies.
- I use my fingers and really work it in. Some will get crunched but that is okay.
- Make 36 balls.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Set up two cookie sheets with waxed paper on each.
- Right before you take the balls out of the freezer - melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Roll each ball in the melted chocolate.
- I lift them up with two forks and place on the waxed paper.
- Let dry on the wax paper.
- Store in the refrigerator.