Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream- Homemade peanut butter cookie dough, rich and creamy coconut milk, maple syrup, and a hint of vanilla are churned together to make a delicious ice cream you'll want to make time and time again.
Peanut butter and ice cream are two of my favorite things. I can't get enough of either one, especially in the summer. I love anything with peanut butter. There's nothing better than a big scoop of vegan-friendly ice cream on a hot summer day when the temperatures are soaring. So, if you love peanut butter and ice cream and you're looking for a cool treat on a hot day, this peanut butter cookie dough ice cream is the perfect option!
Peanut butter cookie dough ice cream is a delicious, rich, and creamy dessert that is sure to please everyone! It's perfect for any occasion - birthdays, summer BBQs, or just because! Peanut butter, cookie dough, and coconut milk come together to create a mouthwatering ice cream that is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
Why You'll Love This Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe
Crowd-Pleaser- Who doesn't love peanut butter? And cookie dough? This recipe is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
Rich & Creamy- Coconut milk gives this ice cream a rich, creamy texture that is sure to satisfy.
Delicious- This ice cream is mouthwatering! Peanut butter and cookie dough are a match made in heaven, and the addition of creamy coconut milk makes it even better.
Easy To Make- With easy-to-follow instructions, this ice cream can be ready to eat in under 20 minutes.
Simple Ingredients- The ingredients in this recipe are easily found at your local grocery store if you don't already have them at home.
Equipment Needed To Make Homemade Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Stirring Spoon
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
Ingredients For Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream
For The Cookie Dough:
- Chia Seeds
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Sea Salt
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
For The Ice Cream:
- Full Fat Coconut Milk
- Maple Syrup
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
How To Make Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream
To make homemade cookie dough ice cream, start by making the cookie dough. Mix chia seeds and water in a small bowl, then set it aside to thicken up. Add dry ingredients to a medium mixing bowl, stir in peanut butter, syrup, vanilla, and chia seed mixture, and mix well.
Place the frozen ice cream maker bowl in the ice cream maker and add coconut milk and syrup to it. Start the ice cream maker and allow it to run for about 15 minutes. Break up the cookie dough into small pieces while coconut milk is mixed. After about 15 minutes, add the broken cookie dough pieces and churn until all the cookie dough has been incorporated. This process will only take a couple of minutes.
Serve immediately for soft serve ice cream or store in an airtight container in the freezer for hard ice cream.
Note: The ice cream maker bowl must be frozen for at least 18 hours before use.
What to Serve/Pair With Homemade Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream
There are many delicious ways to enjoy this cookie dough ice cream! Here are some of our favorite suggestions:
- Serve it on top of warm vegan brownies or blondies
- Pair it with a slice of cake or pie
- Put between 2 cookies to make a tasty ice cream sandwich
- Serve alongside a bowl of fresh fruit or berries
- Enjoy it as is for a simple and delicious treat!
Popular Substitutions & Additions
There are endless ways to customize this vegan peanut butter cookie dough ice cream. Here are some of our favorite suggestions:
- Add vegan chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or dried fruit to the cookie dough for a tasty addition.
- Swirl in some caramel or vegan-friendly chocolate sauce before serving.
- Top with dairy-free whipped cream and a cherry for a classic sundae.
- Use another type of nut or seed butter in place of the peanut butter called for in the recipe.
- Try using a different kind of dairy-free milk instead of coconut milk for a different flavor.
Feel free to get creative and make this recipe your own.
How To Reheat & Store Vegan Ice Cream
What Is The Best Way To Store Homemade Vegan Ice Cream?
Homemade vegan ice cream should be stored in an airtight container in the freezer.
How Long Will Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream Last In The Fridge?
This ice cream will last in the fridge for about 2 hours. If it's stored longer, it will start to melt and lose its ice cream consistency.
Can I Freeze Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream?
Yes! This cookie dough ice cream can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. However, it is best enjoyed within the first few weeks for optimal flavor and quality.
How To Reheat Homemade Ice Cream?
To enjoy leftover ice cream, remove it from the freezer and allow it to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. This will help soften it so you can scoop and serve it easily. If you find that it is still too hard after 10 minutes, you can microwave it for a few seconds until it reaches your desired consistency.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream FAQs
Is this ice cream healthy?
While this cookie dough ice cream is made with healthier ingredients, it should not be considered a healthy food. Ice cream is a treat that is meant to be enjoyed in moderation.
Can I make this ice cream without an ice cream maker?
Yes! You can still make this recipe if you don't have an ice cream maker. Make cookie dough according to the recipe. Place all of the ingredients, minus the cookie dough, in a large resealable bag and mix well. Place the bag in the freezer for about 2 hours, removing it every 30 minutes to mix everything. Once it starts to freeze a little, stir in the cookie dough pieces and enjoy!
Do I have to use coconut milk?
No, you don't need to use coconut milk. Any dairy-free milk will work in this recipe. However, coconut milk gives the ice cream the best flavor and consistency.
What can I use in place of peanut butter?
You can use any type of nut or seed butter in place of the peanut butter called for in this recipe.
Is the cookie dough in this recipe safe to eat on its own?
Yes! This cookie dough ice cream is safe to eat because the cookie dough is made with flour, and there are no raw eggs used in the recipe.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- 1 teaspoon chia seed - you could use flax seed meal instead
- 3 teaspoons water
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- pinch sea salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter - creamy
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 ounce can full fat coconut milk - usually about 17%,
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¾ cup peanut butter cookie dough - pre-made from the recipe above
- Make sure your Ice Cream Maker bowl has been in the freezer for about 18 hours.
Make Cookie Dough
- Mix chia seed and water together and set aside.
- Add flour and salt to a medium bowl.
- Stir in peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well.
Make Ice Cream
- Take the ice maker bowl out of the freezer and put it in your ice cream maker.
- Pour coconut milk and maple syrup into the frozen bowl.
- Turn on your ice cream maker and let run for 15 minutes.
- While this is mixing - break the cookie dough into little chunks.
- Add peanut butter cookies pieces into the mix after it's churned 10-15 minutes.
- Let it churn to incorporate all of the cookie dough. It takes just a couple minutes.
- Eat immediately as a soft serve or put it in a refrigerator container and freeze for a hard ice cream.