Mother’s Chocolate Strudel only has 4 ingredients and it comes together in about 15 minutes. She will love it and needless to say everyone else will too.
Yes! Mother made Chocolate Strudel and she deserves to eat chocolate strudel. And she deserves it made by me. I bet you feel the same way.
It’s not hard to treat your mother well. Think of all the meals that you have been fed over the years from ‘mom’.
It boggles my mind how time consuming meals are. Multiple that by the number of people in the family and balance it with everyone’s likes and dislikes then you are really facing a chore. If only I could repay her.
Besides the pleasant tasks of being warm, thoughtful and loving to your mom you can also extend your happiness by making her a wonderful easy chocolate dessert.
Mother’s Chocolate Strudel can be served any time but on a special day such as her birthday or Mother’s Day would be super nice.
There are only 4 ingredients and it comes together in about 15 minutes. All ingredients are vegan and that may be a surprise to you.
I want to tackle my own homemade puff pastry some day but for now this is mighty delicious.
Try to roll a little bit snug as the pastry does puff up and it may rise way above your inside ingredients. That is still okay but it looks really good when everything is all snug and ooey and gooey.
I’m trying to think of any hints to make this recipe run very smoothly for you but it is so easy and fool proof that I can’t think of anything.
Try Mother’s Chocolate Strudel soon for your special lady and, believe me, she will love it and needless to say everyone else will too.
Mother’s Chocolate Strudel
Mother's Chocolate Strudel only has 4 ingredients and it comes together in about 15 minutes.
- 1 sheet puff pastry vegan, they come two a package but keep in the freezer
- 4 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon dairy free butter
- Take out a sheet of puff pastry and let it defrost. It does not take long.
- Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Add the butter and microwave for 30 seconds, stir and if needed microwave at 15 second intervals. Stir until glossy.
- Lightly four a surface and open up the puff pastry sheet.
- Roll out to about 12" square. You hardly have to roll at all and only by the shortest side.
- Spread on the chocolate to about 1/2" from the edge.
- Sprinkle on the chopped nuts.
- Start rolling up - jelly roll style.
- Place the seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Fold the end under a little bit.
- Cut about 6 diagonal slices along the top. Just as slits in the top layer for decoration.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Let cool on a wire rack.
- If you like - sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar
Mother’s Chocolate Strudel