Mole Black Bean Dip (mole = mo-lay) is just a little bit different. Black beans, mild chilies and easy. There is even a secret ingredient.
I wanted a dip that was a bit different this Cinco de Mayo so I came up with Mole Black Bean Dip (mole = mo-lay). Black beans, mild chilies and a little bit of chocolate.
Am I crazy to add chocolate? Nope. There are many different mole sauce recipes and a specialized few have chocolate in them. Just a tad. So why not turn it into a dip. To me the mix of flavors is just right. I especially like the big scoop Fritos with it but you can use any of your favorites to make this a special day.
Mole Black Bean Dip
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Saute the onions for about 7 minutes until they become translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook about 2 more minutes.
- Add the chocolate and cook one minute until the chocolate is melted.
- Take off the heat.
- Add the mixture from the skillet to a blender along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Turn on and blend until you get a smooth dip.
- Serve with your favorite dippers.
Recipe NotesIF FREEZING: Let cool to room temperature. Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING: Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours. Heat in the microwave and serve with chips and veggies of your choice.