Date Rice Krispie Balls are one of those pleasures that you can whip up in no time. Special enough for a party or holiday and healthy enough for everyday.
It is such a pleasure to be able to put a few ingredients together and turn out a delicious treat or snack. If you don’t have to turn on the oven it is even better.
Date Rice Krispie Balls are just one of those pleasures. You can whip them up for that day or keep them for a couple of weeks in the fridge.
What a nice way to prepare for a get-together like a party or holiday. There will be a number of recipes to prepare but this one will already be done.
Also, make them for no other reason but because you will love them.
Date Rice Krispie Balls
Date Rice Krispie Balls are one of those pleasures that you can whip up in no time.
- Put 1 cup of the rice krispie type cereal in a zip lock baggie. Crush with a rolling pin or with the side of a glass. Roll back and forth so that you can use the mixture as a crumb cover on the finished balls. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and syrup together in a bowl in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Put in a large bowl.
- Add the dates, nuts, coconut and vanilla. Mix well.
- Turn in the rice krispie type cereal until well combined.
- Put in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Take out of the refrigerator and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball in the crush crumb mixture to cover.
- Stack in a pile to serve or refrigerate. Yummy!
You can freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer.
They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning.
Would you like another raw treat that is chocolate? Try these No Bake Date Chocolate Balls. So so Good!