Almond Butter Protein Bars are quick and perfect for anytime of the day. The ingredients are simple and varied for all around flavor – packed with a punch of wonderful nutrients.
There are no negatives about protein bars. Besides being easy to make they are handy when you need a quick snack and don’t want junk. Fruit is always great but sometimes you need some extra protein for the health of your body. And … they are much cheaper to make than to buy.
If you are a chocolate lover like a lot of us you also have the option of adding any kind of chocolate you like. Hey, it has antioxidants. All kidding aside – they really do help you keep your hunger at bay in a good way.
Almond Butter Protein Bars to the rescue!
No Bake Almond Butter Protein Bars
Almond Butter Protein Bars are quick and perfect for anytime of the day.
- 1 cup oat bran flour
- 1/2 cup of your favorite flavor of Protein Powder - I used vanilla
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 2 teaspoons flaxseed meal
- 1 cup cereal your favorite cereal, crushed (cornflakes, rice chex etc.)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Take a 8 by 8 inch Baking Pan and lay waxed paper (or parchment paper) across bottom of the pan. Make sure it covers the complete bottom of the pan and over the sides. Press down into the pan with it overlapping the sides at opposite ends because you will use these 'handles' to remove the bars.
- Make sure you like the flavor of the protein powder because that flavor will be very evident in these bars.
- In a large bowl add the flour, protein powder, quick cooking oats, chia seeds, flaxseed meal and cereal.
- In a medium bowl mix together the almond butter, non dairy milk and maple syrup.
- Add the maple syrup mixture to the dry ingredients.
- The mixture will be crumbly. If it does not stick together when crushed in the palm of your hands add a tablespoon of water and mix again.
- Dump the mixture into the prepared 8x8 pan and evenly press down with your fingers and the palm of your hand.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer.