Cinnamon Streusel Mini Muffins are so simple and will fill your kitchen with a spicy sweet cinnamon aroma.
But first ...
I would love to share my morning life and the blogging routines that need to be done before the cooking begins.
I get up out of bed and go directly to the kitchen. No stopping for anything. Not only to the kitchen but to the Keurig. I flip it on, pick up my 'coffee pod' and fill it with my favorite coffee of the day.
It is so inexpensive when you can go this way with coffee grounds and the pod. Fill it up to the line, drop it in its slot, push a button and voila, I am set.
No breakfast yet, not awake. Off to the computer.
There is quite a bit of technological and social work behind a blog. The morning is when I relax with my coffee, all by myself, sit and look at pretty food photos and inventive recipes.
I pin, tweet, yum, share, heart, flip, tumble and stumble. These are actual actions! I also find a lot of inspiration during this time. Notes are being made.
Let me show you a photo of another delicious muffin that is another favorite on the blog. It helps the flow of the page (more computer geek talk) This pics of Cinnamon Apple Crisp Muffins.
Relaxing, sipping, reading and commenting. All of a sudden an hour is gone and so is my coffee. Back to my kitchen for a second cup and a little bite to eat. Back to the computer.
After catching up on my email, there are photos to edit and a bit of writing to do for my next post.
The post doesn't get done all at once because I like to have a fresh look at my writing - every day until it is posted for you.
Now ... let's start getting inventive in the kitchen. Are you ready for some Cinnamon Streusel Mini Muffins?
Cinnamon Streusel Mini Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dairy-free milk I used Coconutmilk
- 1 tablespoon flax meal egg - that is 1 flax seed meal and 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free butter, melted
- ¼ cup dairy-free butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Lightly oil 12 mini muffins tins/silicone cups. Silicone mini muffins cups work wonderfully for keeping a smooth and easily removable muffin.
- Mix the flax seed meal egg and set aside for about 5 minutes to gel a bit.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl mix the coconut milk, melted vegan butter and mixed flax seed egg until well blended. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter into muffin cups.
- Cream the butter and add the sugars and mix well.
- Add the flour and spices.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle all over each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.