Blueberry Pancakes! Two simple words that mean so much. Breakfast is a favorite meal for many and those same people often have breakfast for dinner. I have to put this recipe under a category in my blog and I suppose I will go with breakfast but, boy, am I tempted. The batter is made with whole wheat flour, almond milk and frozen blueberries. I picked through the bag of fruit to get the plumpest ones – just because. I figured the smaller ones would be just fine in our cereal. My hands were a mess but it was all worth it. Scrumptious pancakes with big fat blueberries. The syrup can be any flavor agave syrup that you want and will make your breakfast no less fantastic!
- Mix the first five ingredients which is everything but the blueberries and the vegan butter.
- Lightly butter a frying pan/skillet/griddle.
- Pour 1/4 cup blueberry batter into the pan. I have a pan (not a griddle) so I do one at a time. You can do two or three at a time if you have a larger griddle.
- Sprinkle a few blueberries around on top of the batter in the pan.
- Cook about 3 minutes until the bottom is golden and the batter shows little bubbles.
- Turn the pancake over and cook another few minutes.
- They can be put on a cookie sheet to reheat if needed.
- Serve with organic agave syrup (I used vanilla).
- The pancakes freeze beautifully too.
- IF FREEZING::
- After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer/
- They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. You should heat them in a 350° over for about 5 to 10 minutes. If they are already defrosted it will only take 5 minutes.