Dairy Free Blueberry Pancakes
Dairy Free Blueberry Pancakes! Four simple words that mean so much.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 Pancakes
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, whole wheat pastry flour would be great too
- 1 tablespoon hempseed (hemp hearts), raw shelled
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup dairy-free milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup blueberries defrosted
- 2 tablespoons dairy free butter for cooking the pancakes
Mix the first five ingredients which is everything but the blueberries.
Lightly butter a frying pan/skillet/griddle.
Pour 1/4 cup blueberry batter into the pan. I have a pan (not a griddle) so I do one at a time. You can do two or three at a time if you have a larger griddle.
Sprinkle a few blueberries around on top of the batter in the pan. The reason I don't mix the blueberries into the batter is so that they stay firmer and don't turn the batter blue.
Cook about 3 minutes until the bottom is golden and the batter top shows little bubbles.
Turn the pancake over and cook another few minutes.
They can be put on a baking sheet
to reheat if needed.
Serve with your favorite syrup.
Serving: 1Pancake | Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2.7% | Vitamin C: 1.1% | Calcium: 14% | Iron: 6.3%