Chocolate Fudge can make a statement and this one certainly does with cream cheese added. Nothing says a holiday like fudge. It is so well loved that people think of it as a present, to others or themselves, when on a vacation or celebrating that special day. It was fun experimenting with vegan ingredients for this recipe. Thank goodness for vegan cream cheese. It is really really good. I used a 9″ x 9″ pan for this recipe and that is how I got the thinner pieces and was able to cut them into nice larger squares. Any size pan will work. It will just change the height of the fudge. Bigger short square pieces or smaller tall square pieces. It all works and taste equally delicious. Mmmmmm.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- Prepare a [url target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Recipe-Right-Square-Covered/dp/B001PKUXN8/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&keywords=9x9%20pan&linkCode=ur2&qid=1376937310&sr=8-1&tag=veinthfr0a-20"]9 by 9 inch Pan[/url][img src="http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=veinthfr0a-20&l=ur2&o=1" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /] by laying foil in the bottom. Have the edges come up a bit so you can get hold of it for removing after the fudge has hardened.
- Melt the chocolate over a hot water bath in a [url target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/Farberware-Classic-Covered-Double-Boiler/dp/B00004RGB7/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=veinthfr0a-20"]double boiler[/url][img src="http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=veinthfr0a-20&l=ur2&o=1" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /]. Stirring every once in a while until completely melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whip the cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Add the chocolate, vanilla and nuts.
- Stir until completely incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread the fudge out evenly.
- Set aside to harden.
- Remove from the pan with the foil being held firmly in both hands and place on a cutting board.
- Cut into the size pieces you are looking for and store in a tightly covered dish or tin.
- You may freeze them according to any of the directions in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer