Chocolate Fudge with Cream Cheese is dairy free and makes you feel as if you're celebrating. With or without walnuts the fudge is a nice gift too. Only 15 minutes!
Can fudge be a comfort food? I kinda feel like it is. It pulls out memories as soon as you have a bite. Not matter what the variety - you feel like all is well.
In my family my sister has become the fudge expert. She makes the old fashioned kind and only makes it at Christmas. We all get a tin full.
Peanut butter fudge is one of my favorites and I won't turn down a taste of any kind. I don't remember where it was that I got to try fudge with cream cheese but as you can imagine it was fantastic.
I want to share that tangy sweet chocolaty fudge with all of you. Chocolate Fudge with Cream Cheese is the vegan recipe I came up with and it is darn good. You have to make it!
The most famous place I can think of that serves a huge variety of quality fudge is Mackinac Island. A wonderful place where no cars are allowed.
You take a ferry over and either walk or rent a bike. My husband and I walked and had the best time. There's a gorgeous old hotel and other places but especially remembered is the fudge shop.
I heard about the fudge shop before I did the hotel so off we went. Yeah, just what I thought. Shelves and rows full of fudge varieties all waiting to be bought. Kind of expensive but everybody buys at least one big fat square.
That's the good thing about being able to make your own fudge. It's so much more affordable. Not cheap but more affordable. A real treat and a quality gift.
Let's make Chocolate Fudge with Cream Cheese and make it vegan!
Nothing says a holiday like fudge. I used a 9" x 9" pan for this recipe and that is how I got the thinner pieces and was able to cut them into nice larger squares.
Any size pan will work. It will just change the height of the fudge. Bigger short square pieces or smaller tall square pieces. It all works and taste equally delicious.
Chocolate Fudge with Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 8 ounces dairy free cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare a 9 by 9 inch Pan by laying wax paper in the bottom. Have the edges come up a bit so you can get hold of it for removing after the fudge has hardened.
- Melt the chocolate over a hot water bath. Stirring every once in a while until completely melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whip the cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Add the chocolate, vanilla and nuts.
- Stir until completely incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread the fudge out evenly.
- Set aside to harden.
- Remove from the pan with the wax paper being held firmly in both hands and place on a cutting board.
- Cut into the size pieces you are looking for and store in a tightly covered dish or tin.
Nadja | Nashi Food
How nice are these chocolate fudge with cream cheese! Love it.
I'm not one to love fudge but this looks delicious and without the dairy is even better! What brand cream cheese did you use?
Oh wow!! I need some this fudge!! It looks FAB!
This is getting in in the holiday spirit early. I love giving delicious sweet gifts. 🙂
Mmmm, fudge! What a good idea to make it vegan. Sounds delicious!