Whether you're looking to satisfy an urge for something sweet or just want to impress your friends with a delicious treat, this no-bake fudge is sure to hit the spot. With its creamy texture and irresistibly smooth flavor, there's nothing quite like it.
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Dairy-Free Fudge Recipe
Rich and Creamy- Despite being dairy-free, this fudge recipe is still just as creamy and delicious as traditional fudge.
Easy to Make- Even for people with limited experience in the kitchen, this easy-to-follow recipe will be a breeze to make.
Satisfying- Full of flavor, this decadent treat is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Makes A Great Gift- Whether it's for the holidays, a birthday, or just because, this dairy-free fudge will make the perfect present.
What Is Fudge?
Fudge is an incredibly popular sweet treat that's made by combining sugar, butter, and milk. It can be flavored with various ingredients, such as chocolate or nuts. Traditional fudge recipes contain dairy products, but this dairy-free version still provides the same rich creamy texture without using any animal products.
- 9x9 Baking Dish
- Wax Paper or Parchment Paper
- Double Boiler Or Large Microwave Safe Bowl
- Stirring Spoon
- Hand Mixer
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Vegan Chocolate Chips- The base of our dairy-free fudge recipe. Chocolate chips provide a delicious flavor and serve as a binding agent to help hold everything together.
- Dairy-Free Cream Cheese- Cream cheese adds a creamy texture and helps to thicken the fudge.
- Walnuts- These provide crunch and a nutty flavor.
- Vanilla Extract- A small amount of vanilla extract adds a bit of sweetness and enhances the flavor.
How To Make Dairy-Free Fudge
To prepare making fudge, line the bottom of a 9x9-inch pan with wax paper. Leave some extra paper sticking out on the edges to make it easier to remove the fudge later. Next, melt the chocolate using a hot water bath, making sure to stir occasionally until it is fully melted. Set the melted chocolate aside.
With a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese in a big bowl until it becomes light and creamy. Then, add the vanilla and nuts and stir them until they are fully incorporated. Pour the mixture into a prepared pan and spread the fudge evenly. Leave it aside for the fudge to harden. Take the wax paper and firmly hold it with both hands to remove the fudge from the pan and place it on a cutting board. Cut the fudge into the desired size pieces and store them in a tightly covered dish or tin.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
Dairy-Free Caramels- For an even more indulgent treat, try adding a few melted dairy-free caramels on top of the fudge.
Coconut Flakes- Add shredded coconut to the mix for added texture and an extra kick of flavor.
Nuts- Walnuts are a classic fudge addition, but you can also try adding pecans or almonds for a different crunch.
Chocolate Chips- Use your favorite dairy-free chocolate chips. Dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet, or white chocolate chips.
Dried Fruit- Dried cranberries, cherries, and blueberries are all great additions.
Other- Experiment with marshmallow creme, condensed milk, powdered sugar, vegan butter, and sweetened condensed milk for even more of a fudge taste .
Can You Freeze Vegan Fudge?
Yes! Fudge can be frozen for up to 6 months. To freeze, place the pieces of fudge on a baking sheet and freeze for about an hour. Then, transfer the fudge to a freezer-safe container or bag and store it in the freezer until ready to enjoy.
Easy Dairy-Free Fudge FAQs
How do I store leftover dairy-free fudge?
Store leftover fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or in the store fudge in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Can I make dairy-free fudge with milk instead of cream cheese?
Yes, you can fudge with milk instead of cream cheese. Simply replace the cream cheese with an equal amount of your favorite non-dairy milk, like canned coconut milk, almond milk, or soy milk, and follow the same instructions.
Is dairy-free fudge gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten-free and vegan. However, be sure to double-check the ingredients if you are using any additional add-ins to make sure they are also gluten-free.
Can I make this dairy-free fudge recipe without a hand mixer?
Yes, you can. Stir the ingredients together with a spoon or spatula until everything is fully combined. It may take a little longer to whip the cream cheese without a mixer, but it's definitely doable!
Chocolate Fudge with Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 8 ounces dairy free cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare a 9 by 9 inch Pan by laying wax paper in the bottom. Have the edges come up a bit so you can get hold of it for removing after the fudge has hardened.
- Melt the chocolate over a hot water bath. Stirring every once in a while until completely melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whip the cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Add the chocolate, vanilla and nuts.
- Stir until completely incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread the fudge out evenly.
- Set aside to harden.
- Remove from the pan with the wax paper being held firmly in both hands and place on a cutting board.
- Cut into the size pieces you are looking for and store in a tightly covered dish or tin.