Pumpkin Pancakes- The base of these delicious pancakes is made with flour, brown sugar, flax egg, and pumpkin puree. They get their warm fall flavor from ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Top with vegan butter, pure maple syrup, and fresh fruit for a delicious cozy breakfast.
It's pumpkin season, so it's time to enjoy all the pumpkin-flavored treats! Fall mornings are made for pancakes. There's something about a warm breakfast on a cool morning that hits the spot, and with all of the seasonal flavors available in fall, there's no shortage of delicious options to choose from. So if you're looking for a cozy way to start your day this season, look no further than pumpkin pancakes!
These vegan pumpkin pancakes would be an excellent addition to any breakfast this fall! They only require a few simple ingredients, and they don't take much time to whip up a batch. In addition, they're perfect for those mornings when you're craving something sweet and comforting. Serve them with your favorite toppings, and enjoy! Why not give them a chance this weekend? You're sure to get rave reviews from your family and friends!
Why You'll Love This Vegan Pumpkin Pancake Recipe
Easy To Make- Made from scratch pumpkin spice pancakes are more simple to make than you'd think. They don't take much time so they are perfect for a busy weekday morning or brunch with friends.
Festive- There's nothing like pumpkin-flavored dishes to get you into the fall spirit! These are the best pumpkin pancakes are perfect for a cozy fall morning.
Kid-Friendly- Pumpkin pancakes are perfect for little ones. They're easy to make and full of flavor!
Delicious- These pancakes are light and fluffy, with the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor. Serve them with your favorite toppings and they will be a new breakfast favorite.
Easily Doubled- This homemade pumpkin pancake recipe can be easily doubled or tripled to feed a crowd.
Equipment Needed To Make Pumpkin Pancakes
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Griddle or Large Skillet
- Stirring Spoon
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
Ingredients Needed For Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Dairy-Free Milk
- Pumpkin Puree
- Flaxseed Meal
- Vanilla Extract
- Cooking Spray
How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes From Scratch
Pancakes from scratch can sound intimidating, but they are actually pretty simple to make.
In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients. In another smaller bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until combined. Add both mixtures to the large mixing bowl and stir until just moistened, be careful not to overmix!
Spray your griddle or large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium heat.
Using a ladle, scoop batter onto the griddle and cook until the edges are brown, then flip and continue cooking until the other side is brown.
Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
What to Serve/Pair With Pumpkin Pancakes
Vegan Pancakes are delicious on their own, but here are some of our favorite toppings and sides:
- Maple Syrup- Of course! This is a must with pancakes.
- Fresh Fruit- Sliced bananas, berries, or diced apples would all be great on these pancakes.
- Dairy-Free Butter- This would add some delicious richness to the pancakes.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips- This is a must for my kids! They love chocolate chip pancakes.
- Whipped Coconut Cream- This would be an amazing topping for these pancakes, especially if you are serving them for dessert.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte- A perfect way to enjoy all the flavors of fall in one meal!
- Cinnamon Whipped Butter- This would be a great topping for these pancakes, and it's so easy to make. Simply whip together some vegan butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. So good! To make, beat 2 sticks of dairy-free butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add 2 tsb of ground cinnamon and beat until well combined.
As you can see, there are so many delicious ways to enjoy these vegan pumpkin pancakes. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Popular Substitutions & Additions
There are a few substitutions and additions that you can make to this recipe to tailor it to your liking:
- Dairy-Free Milk- Use any type of dairy-free milk that you like in this recipe. We usually use almond milk, but soy milk, oat milk, or coconut milk would all work great.
- Pumpkin Puree- You can substitute sweet potato puree, butternut squash puree, or even applesauce.
- Ground Flaxseed Meal- If you don't have ground chia seeds, this can be used as a replacement, although the taste and texture will differ slightly.
- Vanilla Extract- This is a great add-in, but feel free to leave it out if you don't have any on hand.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- Substitute ½ tsp of ground ginger and nutmeg if needed.
How To Store & Reheat Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes
These homemade pumpkin pancakes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply place them on a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. You can also freeze th leftover pancakes for up to 3 months. Place them in a freezer-safe bag or container and thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating as desired.
Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes FAQs
Do I have to use pumpkin puree?
No, you can substitute the pumpkin puree for sweet potato puree, butternut squash puree, or even applesauce.
Can I make these pancakes gluten-free?
Yes, you can! Simply substitute the all-purpose flour for a 1:1 gluten-free baking flour.
Do I need to use fresh pumpkin puree?
No, you can definitely use canned pumpkin puree. We usually have both on hand and use whichever we have on hand.
Can I make these pancakes ahead of time?
Yes! These pancakes freeze really well. Simply place them in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze them for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat them, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and reheat them as desired.
Do I need to use a griddle or a large skillet?
No, you can definitely use a regular frying pan. We just find that it's easier to cook multiple pancakes at one time on a griddle or large skillet.
Don't Forget To Come Back And Let Me Know How Your Made From Scratch Pumpkin Pancakes Turned Out!
Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 ½ All-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar - packed
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Dairy-free milk
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree - not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons Flaxseed meal - mixed with 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, and spices
- In a small bowl, combine dairy-free milk, pumpkin, flaxseed meal eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until just moistened.
- Spray the griddle or large skillet with cooking spray. Heat the griddle to medium heat, 350° F.
- Scoop batter onto the hot griddle and cook until edges are brown, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking on the other side until brown.
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice