Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce is one of those recipes that the crock pot was made for. The sauce is best when cooked low and slow so the two are a match made in heaven.
Spaghetti Sauce is one of those recipes that the crock pot was made for. The sauce is best when cooked low and slow so this recipe along with the crock pot is a match made in heaven.
There are not even that many ingredients so it is also super easy. Each ingredient really adds to the taste though so don’t leave any out. They all have their job to make this sauce perfect.
I am addicted to crock~pots. Summer or winter I am always using the slow cooker. On hot summer days, it goes out on our covered patio and does it’s thing, all by itself.
We are camping in our trailer right now and there is even a slow cooker under the sink. I know camping is more like campfires and snacking but once in a while, I want that nice homemade vegan slow cooker spaghetti sauce.
I even freeze in single serving size containers and it’s right in the camper.
This recipe has gone a step further in that I added plant-based ground beef crumbles but you don’t need to add this texture if you don’t wish. So this is one ingredient you can leave out.
It just seems to give the sauce a little more satisfaction for those cold nights. A sort of ‘sticks to your ribs’ kind of meal.
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce is for Other Meals Too
Don’t limit yourself to spaghetti for this sauce. Serve with any of your favorite pasta.
All you need to do is cook up some pasta and add a crusty bread right next to a salad.
Submarine sandwiches filled with beanballs and sauce is delicious too and how about layering on pizza dough with sautéd bells, olives, and sautéd mushrooms. Works for me!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Vegan Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- 12 ounces veggie meatless ground beef crumbles - 1 package
- 56 ounces 28 ounces each diced tomatoes - 2 cans - 28 ounces each
- 24 ounces tomato paste - 4 cans 6 ounces each
- 18 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups small yellow onions, finely diced - about 2
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon crumbles bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the oil in a large skillet and heat to medium-low.
- Add the onion and saute until it is translucent. About 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except the frozen meatless crumbles.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours adding the frozen meatless crumbles the last two hours.
- Above is a photo of the frozen meatless crumbles.
- If you want to cook on high then cook 3 to 4 hours adding the frozen meatless crumbles the last hour.
- Serve hot!
Let cool to room temperature. Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article How to Prepare Food for the Freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight because it is a pretty solid mass and will take longer to defrost.
THE NIGHT OF SERVING:
Put all in a large saucepan and heat through. Ready to serve.