Vegan White Pizza Sauce is a tangy garlicky recipe that makes the most flavorful base to a pizza. It will meet all of your culinary needs.
Is there anyone who doesn’t like pizza? I mean, it is so versatile. I’ll admit I didn’t try pizza until I was 15 years old but I think I’ve made up for it in all the years after that. One of my missions is to come up with ten very different recipes for vegan pizza. Maybe even more. That’s how much I like it. There are two links posted with pictures down below this recipe so you might want to check them out too.
Pizza is fun to make and fun to eat. It is kind of a creative outlet to have your crust all laid as you start to add layers. Anything that comes to mind. Just about everything works and the combinations seem endless.
My next pizza is starting with a white sauce that is packed full of flavor. That is this recipe that I am posting here. The sauce starts with cashews and ends with chopped fresh herbs. Are you intrigued? Click here for my Vegan Veggie White Pizza Recipe and you will see how I used this Vegan White Pizza Sauce first.
I say first because I have discovered it is really good used in other ways too. Use it as a sandwich spread on bean burgers or veggie hoagies and you will be very happy. You can also use it as a dip and dunk vegetables to your hearts content. Let me know if you find another delicious way to use this sauce. I don’t want to miss out!
Connect with Vegan in the Freezer
Vegan White Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Drain the cashews and place in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times until it is finely chopped
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until a smooth sauce.
- When completely smooth stir in the fresh herbs and it is done.
Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer 1/2 cup freezer jars would be ideal. You can take out one or two jars to defrost when pizza night is approaching.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight because it is a pretty solid mass and will take longer to defrost. Ready to use when defrosted. This is also a great vegetable dip.