Vegan White Pizza Sauce is a tangy garlicky recipe that makes the most flavorful base to a pizza. It will meet all of your culinary needs.
Is there anyone who doesn't like pizza? I mean, it is so versatile. I'll admit I didn't try pizza until I was 15 years old but I think I've made up for it in all the years after that.
One of my missions is to come up with ten very different recipes for vegan pizza. Maybe even more. That's how much I like it.
There are two links posted with pictures down below this recipe so you might want to check them out too.
Pizza is fun to make and fun to eat. It's kind of a creative outlet to have your crust/dough all laid out as you start to add layers. Anything that comes to mind.
Just about everything works and the combinations seem endless.
My next pizza is starting with a white pizza sauce that is packed full of flavor. That is this recipe that I am posting here. The sauce starts with cashews and ends with chopped fresh herbs.
What are some other ways to use Vegan White Pizza Sauce?
It is perfect as a sandwich spread. I've used it on bean burgers and also on roasted veggie hoagies.
You know when you have crispy tofu? Well, this is delicious to use for some dunking.
Mash a little bit in the potatoes for your roasted potato skins.
Spread it on flatbread, add a few veggies, roll it up and take a bite.
Mix a little Za'atar in white pizza sauce to use with your french fries.
Last but not least, you can also use it as a dip and dunk vegetables to your hearts' content. Let me know if you find another delicious way to use this sauce. I don't want to miss out!
Can You Freeze White Pizza Sauce?
- A resounding Yes!
- IF FREEZING:
- Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer ½ cup freezer jars would be ideal.
- You can take out one or two jars to defrost when pizza night is approaching.
- TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
- Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight because it is a pretty solid mass and will take longer to defrost.
- Ready to use when defrosted. This is also a great vegetable dip.
Vegan White Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup cashews raw
- 1 ¼ cups almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Drain the cashews and place in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times until it is finely chopped
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until a smooth sauce.
- When completely smooth stir in the fresh herbs and it is done.
What is the recommended nutritional yeast? Is different from the everyday dry yeast?
Yes, it is completely different from dry yeast Jude. It is added for flavor and extra nutrition. The one that is easiest to find in the grocery stores is Bragg's (in the spice section in a large jar near the bottom) or Bob's Red Mill (in their separate section with their flours etc.).
Can you replace all or some of the cashews with coconut cream? Also can you use oat milk in place of almond milk? Just curious. Thanks so much!!
This is super easy and super delicious. This alfredo has definitely been a go-to recipe in our household for a while now. Thank you for sharing! 😀