Slow Cooker Creamy Chili Dip is cooked in a crock pot and is done in a few short hours. Spicy good with fresh veggies and chips makes this a 5 star recipe.
It’s Party time! More than that – Slow Cooker Creamy Chili Dip is so good it can also act as a lunch for yourself and family especially when served with veggies and crackers.
First of all it is cooked in the crockpot and in a few short hours you have a warm creamy dip all ready for yourself or company.
Next, it is equally as good with fresh veggies as it is with chips. Cauliflower and red or green bell peppers would be perfect served alongside.
There’s a spicy flavor to the mix and it is not like any other dip I have had. Pinto beans, salsa and black olives are combined with other flavorful ingredients to make this a 5 star recipe.
I wish it was more of a tradition in society to have appetizers for meals. If that were more the case then there would be very few ‘traditional’ meals at my house.
My mother was a wonderful cook and we had sit down dinners at our house around 6:00 – every night. All the food groups were there and I think that is where full course meals became ingrained in my mind.
We had a ‘lazy Susan’ in the center of our table and it would spin and spin as we all dished up our plates.
I cherish those memories but Hey! It would have been fun to have a dip on there too. Maybe even Spicy Black Bean Hummus. Oh, decisions, decisions!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chili Dip
Slow Cooker Creamy Chili Dip is spicy good with fresh veggies and chips makes this a 5 star recipe.
- 1 onion small, white, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ounces pinto beans 2 cans, 15 ounces each, drained
- 2 cups salsa use any you like but I used my recipe for The Best Chunky Salsa
- 6 ozounces dairy free cream cheese
- 30 ounces black olives 2 cans, 15 ounces each, pitted, drained, sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat the oil in a skillet to medium high heat.
- Add the finley chopped onion and sautee about 10-15 minutes.
- I have included a photo below of how fine I like the onion. I use my Vidalia Chop Wizard and it does a great job but you can just chop by hand. The flavors blend better when the onion is very small.
- To the slow cooker add the sauteed onions, drained and chopped black olives, drained and rinsed pinto beans and the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Stir and the vegan cream cheese will be lumpy blocks. As the crock pot heats it will melt.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
- Stir after an hour and see if the cream cheese is melted and well incorporated.
- At the end of the fours hours stir again and it is ready.
- The dip can remain n the slow cooker if you have a warm setting or you can dish it out because it is great at room temperature too.
- It will keep in the refrigerator for 4 days.
Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article Food Preparation for the Freezer.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
Heat in a microwave for 1 minute and then stir and then heat at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until all is warm and mixed well together. Serve.