Date Chocolate Chip Cookies are a little fancier than the beloved original and healthier too. Irresistible to everyone that passes the cookie jar.
These are also a healthier version that have granola along with all the other special ingredients. How can there be so many cookies recipes? All I know is that the variety is very helpful in keeping cookies as a staple. This one will be in our cupboard often.
Date Chocolate Chip Cookies
Date Chocolate Chip Cookies are a little fancier than the beloved original and healthier too.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Flax Seed Meal mixed with 6 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup dairy free butter
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups granola or granola cereal
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped in small pieces
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bow mix the flax seed meal and water and set aside so it can thicken.
- In a large bowl add the butter and brown sugar and beat with a Hand Mixer it is light and fluffy. That takes about 5 minutes.
- If you have a granola that is in large clumps put it in a baggie and pound it with a mallet (or some such item) that will crunch the the granola into smaller bits.
- Now to the large bowl with the butter mixture add the flax seed meal mixture and almond milk and stir.
- Beat in the flour mixture a half a cup at a time. You can use the hand mixer up to this point.
- Now hand mix in the chocolate chips, raisins, dates and granola.
- Drop onto a ungreased Baking Sheet by the Tablespoon full. Space about 2" apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Let set 3 minutes and remove to racks to cool completely.