Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies are always a favorite and these giant cookies are no less desirable. Big and chewy and chocolaty and vegan. How fun is that!
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies are always a favorite and these giant cookies are no less desirable. Big and chewy and buttery and chocolaty.
The basis for this recipe is an old one from my mom. I just tweaked it a little to make it a bit more healthful.
A hand mixer helps the batter become light and fluffy. If you use a cookie scoop it will be easy to get large even dough balls.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy .
Your hands will still be spotless and the cookie sheets will be full. Mmmmm, sweetness is on it’s way.
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg substitutes - follow the directions on your package or use 2 tablespoons chia seed meal or flax seed meal and mix with 6 tablespoons water
- 10 ounce dairy free butter
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar - packed
- 8 ounces coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces chocolate chips - dairy free
- Mix the two flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the egg replacer and water together and set aside.
- In another bowl add the softened butter and push it with the back of a spoon to make sure it can be creamed.
- Add the two sugars to the bowl with the butter and mix at medium speed for about 5 minutes until the mixture is light and almost fluffy.
- Add the two mixed egg replacer to the butter mixture and beat at medium speed 2 more minutes.
- Now the mixture will be very light and fluffy.
- Add this mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and fold in gently.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in carefully.
- Use a silpat (or parchment paper) on your cookie sheet.
- Scoop out large scoops onto the cookie sheet. About 6 per sheet.
- Give them plenty of room to spread out.
- Bake at 350• for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack.