Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili is a great tasting slow cooker dinner for pennies. The chili has lots of spices for all kinds of flavor.
Do you want a great tasting slow cooker dinner for pennies? Something with lots of spices for all kinds of flavor? Well, Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili is it!
Some days, in fact many days, it is so nice to be able to drop a mix of ingredients into a crock-pot and be on your way. In the winter it helps warm the house and in the summer you can put your slow cooker on the patio and dine al fresco.
Whatever your pleasure, take advantage of the weather and enjoy, delicious an easy and comforting meal.
Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili
- Do not soak the black beans.
- Put the beans in your Slow Cooker.
- Add the onion and spices.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and the water and stir well.
- Cover and turn on low and cook for 6 - 8 hours.
- Or if you want it faster you can cook on high for 3 - 4 hours.
- Check about halfway through and see if the beans have absorbed most of the liquid. If it is seeming too dry to you add warm to hot water at 1/2 cup intervals. It is a chili - not a soup. But if your like lots of liquid in your chili do whatever you like - it will still be excellent!
IF FREEZING: Let the mixture cool to room temperature and freeze in any of the ways I have described in my article How to Freeze Food.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Take out of the freezer and put in the refrigerator a few hours (about 6 hours) before heating. Heat in a large saucepan or in the microwave.