Slow Cooker Baked Beans are cooked with a little bit of a kick added. By dinner time they are perfection and ready to be served to the whole family.
I must tell you, if I havn’t already, my husband has a child’s palate. Meaning he likes pretty plain stuff. He does not like spicy so I leave out the Sriracha and he loves it. You can leave it out for your kids too. That is something you’ll have to take into consideration. Heat or no heat. Me? If I don’t get to add it into the recipe I add a little splash of Sriracha in at the table. The chili beans are a nice addition since they are already spiced up with great ingredients. That also makes your preparation time much easier. The beans blend great with the other flavors.
Beans are such a nice change from pasta or rice. I think people forget about beans when they are planning their weekly meals. It is easy to get stuck in a rut and even forget about those good old standards. You could serve this up as a hearty lunch or dinner but it would make a wonderful side dish too. Those chilly nights just got a whole lot cozier.
Slow Cooker Baked Beans
Slow Cooker Baked Beans are cooked with a little bit of a kick added.
- 15 ounces Chili Beans 1 can, NOT drained
- 15 ounces Kidney Beans 1 can, drained
- 15 ounces Cannellini Beans 1 can, drained
- 1/2 cup onion white, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce Sriracha
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard yellow
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce look for vegan
- Another super simple dinner for the crock pot.
- Put all of the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Remember to use all of the liquid in the chili can and use prepared mustard not dijon or another substitute because you need the mustard tang to help cut the sweetness.
- Cook 4 hours on low.
- You can certainly double up the ingredients for larger groups and families.
Let the mixture cool to room temperature and freeze in any of the ways I have described in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Take out of the freezer and put in the refrigerator a few hours (about 6 hours) before heating. Heat in a large saucepan or in the microwave. Serve hot.