Slow Cooker Baked Beans are cooked with a little bit of a kick added. By dinner time they are perfection and ready to be served to the whole family.
Slow Cooker Baked Beans are rich and spicy all at the same time. This recipe utilizes canned beans instead of dried so the cook time is less.
That makes it nice that you don’t have to hurry in the morning to get the crockpot loaded. You can put it on a little later after the house has calmed down or you are on a lunch break.
Of course, if you want to get it set up early and have one of those programmable crockpots then you can set it to start it’s cooking any hour you want and you’ll still have a perfect hot meal.
Right on time.
You can leave it out for your kids too.
That is something you’ll have to take into consideration. Heat or no heat. Me? If I don’t get to add it into the recipe I add a little splash of Sriracha in at the table.
The chili beans are a nice addition since they are already spiced up with great ingredients.
That also makes your preparation time much easier. The beans blend great with the other flavors.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Beans are such a nice change from pasta or rice. I think people forget about beans when they are planning their weekly meals.
It’s easy to get stuck in a rut and even forget about those good old standards.
You could serve this up as a hearty lunch or dinner but it would make a wonderful side dish too.
Those chilly nights just got a whole lot cozier.
Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- 15 ounces Chili Beans 1 can, NOT drained
- 15 ounces Kidney Beans 1 can, drained
- 15 ounces Cannellini Beans 1 can, drained
- 1/2 cup onion white, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce Sriracha
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard yellow
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce look for vegan
- Another super simple dinner for the crock pot.
- Put all of the ingredients in the crockpot.
- Remember to use all of the liquid in the chili can and use prepared mustard, not Dijon or another substitute because you need the mustard tang to help cut the sweetness.
- Cook 4 hours on low.
- You can certainly double up the ingredients for larger groups and families.
Can You Freeze Slow Cooker Baked Beans?
Let the mixture cool to room temperature and freeze in any of the ways I have described in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Take out of the freezer and put in the refrigerator a few hours (about 6 hours) before heating. Heat in a large saucepan or in the microwave. Serve hot.