Homemade Cashew Butter is a very versatile spread – you can substitute it for peanut butter in almost any recipe. Tasty & also a help for homemade dairy recipes.
Homemade Cashew Butter is more of a how-to than a recipe but I really wanted to share with you how easy it is to make. Being a very versatile spread – you can substitute it for peanut butter in almost any recipe. So if you are on a paleo diet you can use cashew instead of peanut butter.
Also it is a great butter for making many vegan alternatives, such as, cream cheese and it can help make many vegan ice creams. Here ya go, a pictorial (and all the instructions you would want) for making cashew butter.
I have been asked since this recipe has come out which Ninja machine I used. It is the Ninja Master Prep and I use the smallest unit for this recipe.
Homemade Cashew Butter
- 2 cups cashew pieces
- This is such a simple process but I think the photos will help you visually.
- Add the cashews to your food processor, or as I used, the Ninja.
- Turn on the Ninja and process for about 10 seconds.
- You will have a coarse meal as in the photo below.
- All of these steps will take longer for a regular food processor but you will get there.
- Whir another 20 seconds and you will see it starting to clump together.
- Scrap down the sides to the center near the blades.
- Whir another 20 seconds and scrape again.
- This time hold it for about a minute. You will see the blades (through the plastic bowl on the outside of the Ninja) catch something once in a while so it is blending.
- If you don't see the blades working, turn off and scrape again.
- This time you will see the cashews blending for sure.
- It is starting to look like cashew butter but is not quite there yet.
- Hold for another 30 seconds to one minute and you will actually see the creamy cashew butter showing oil and creaming around the edges.
That is it! You have a beautiful, homemade, natural, healthy, creamy cashew butter. Store in the refrigerator with a tight fitting lid for up to 2 weeks.