Chocolate Truffles- Creamy, chocolatey, and delicious. These delectable chocolate truffles are made of pure bliss! The creamy center is made from rich chocolate and heavy cream, mixed with vanilla extract and ground cookies for a satisfying crunch. The truffles are then rolled thoroughly through a delicious strawberry powder for a hint of fruit flavor and a pop of color. They are so good; you won't be able to have just one.
Who doesn't love a good chocolate truffle? I know they are pretty hard to resist. After all, they are the perfect combination of rich, creamy, and chocolatey. These delectable two-bite treats are easy to prepare, only require a few simple ingredients, and best of all, they taste fantastic!
If you've been searching for a simple vegan dessert to try, look no further than these no-bake chocolate truffles! They are a great way to unwind after a long day or as a crowd-pleasing dessert at parties. They are so good. All you will be left with is an empty plate to take home. Get ready to impress your friends and family with your culinary skills!
Why You'll Love This Easy Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- Customizable- Mix and match chocolate, cookies, and toppings to make truffles that anyone will love. Have fun with it and get the kids involved. They will love helping out and getting their hands a little dirty.
- Simple- The thought of making a homemade truffle can sound pretty intimidating, but in reality, it is so easy! No complicated culinary experience is required.
- Decadent- Rich and creamy flavors of these chocolate truffles take you to a place of bliss with every bite.
- Perfect for gifting- Bite-sized desserts are ideal for DIY gifts. Put them in a lovely container or bag, add some pretty ribbon, and give them out as gifts for any holiday or occasion.
- Eye-catching- These decadent truffles are not only delicious, but they're also attractive to the eye. To show off just how gorgeous the chocolate truffles are, display them on a beautiful plate or platter at parties.
Equipment Needed To Make No Bake Chocolate Truffles
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Food processor
- Wide shallow plate
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Ingredients For Your Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Dairy-free heavy cream
- Chopped chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- Ground cookies
- Freeze-dried strawberry powder - Optional
How To Make Chocolate Truffles
To make vegan no-bake chocolate truffles, start by melting heavy cream and chocolate together in a microwave-safe bowl, then fold in the vanilla and ground cookies. After everything has been coated and well combined, form the chocolate mixture into truffles. Finally, roll the chocolate truffles in strawberry powder and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet before putting them in the refrigerator to let them set.
What to Serve/Pair with Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Truffles
Chocolate truffles are decadent bite-sized desserts that are delicious served alone but are also excellent served alongside other bite-sized desserts.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- To customize your chocolate truffles, try using a variety of ground cookies. Use Oreos, shortbread cookies, graham crackers, or even ginger snaps. Have fun with it and come up with your own favorite flavor combination.
- In addition to changing up the cookies, try using different types of chocolate. Dark, milk, and white chocolate all have different flavors and would make amazing substations.
- Replace the strawberry powder with ordinary cocoa powder, vanilla powder, or any other powdered ingredient you like.
- To add some extra pizazz to your truffles, add sprinkles, crushed nuts, or a drizzle of chocolate.
No-bake chocolate truffles are typically stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Chocolate truffles will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and for up to 6 months in the freezer as long as they are stored in an airtight container. Allow frozen truffles to thaw for 10 minutes before eating, or you can eat them straight from the fridge. If you leave chocolate truffles out on the counter, they will begin to melt, and the texture and taste of the truffles will start to change, so I don't recommend storing them on the countertop.
Chocolate Truffles FAQs
Do I have to crush my cookies in the food processor?
No, you don't have to use a food processor to crush your cookies. While it does make it easier and makes sure that they are finely ground, you can also crush them by hand or in a blender if you don't have a food processor. Just make sure that the pieces are not too big for the truffles.
What size should truffles be?
Typically, truffles are about the size of 2 tablespoons. A cookie scoop also makes an excellent truffle scoop! A regular kitchen spoon will also do the trick if you don't have a cookie scoop.
What type of chocolate should I use?
There are no limits on this recipe, so you may use any vegan chocolate you like in this recipe. Chocolate chips are also acceptable. Whatever chocolate you pick, be sure it's of high quality to ensure that it melts correctly.
Can I serve vegan chocolate truffles at room temperature?
No, chocolate truffles are best served cold. When the chocolate begins to warm up and melt, the truffles will lose their rich, creamy texture.
Will coconut cream work in place of heavy cream in this recipe?
Yes! Coconut cream is an excellent alternative to heavy cream. The coconut cream will add a hint of coconut flavor, and the texture of the truffles will still be creamy.
Vegan chocolate truffles
- ⅔ cup dairy-free heavy cream
- 6 oz chopped chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz ground cookies
- ¼ cup freeze-dried strawberry powder Optional, you can also try other flavors.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine dairy-free heavy cream and chocolate.
- Microwave for 30 seconds or until the chocolate is melted. Stir well until combined.
- Fold in vanilla and ground cookies.
- Stir well to combine.
- Spread the freeze-dried strawberry powder on a wide shallow plate.
- Shape the chocolate mixture into 12 truffles.
- Roll the truffles through the strawberry powder to coat them well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Leave a Reply