Easy Curry Rice is not only a delicious side dish but it can be the centerpiece for ethnic side dishes with a Middle Eastern or Asian flare.
Do you want an easy side dish or a main dish? A main dish that can be the centerpiece of ethnic side dishes from the Mid-East or Asia? Then stay right here because Easy Curry Rice is for you.
The curry spice adds a nice flavor and changes up the rice enough to make it taste very different. A versatile recipe and I think you will keep in you recipe box.
Easy Curry Rice
- 1 cup long grain rice and 2 cups water
- 16 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup onion white, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup peas - fresh or frozen
- 2 fresh green onions cut, for sprinkling over the top when serving - I also use fresh marjoram when it is in my garden
- Cook the rice with the vegetable broth and to make it super easy use a Rice Cooker. Otherwise, use the instructions on your rice package.
- While the rice is cooking - in a large skillet - saute the chopped white onion and green bell pepper in one tablespoon water until the onion is translucent. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir on low for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and frozen peas to the skillet mixture and heat through.
- Serve with the chopped green onions sprinkled over the top.