Vegan Apple Crumble is easy, delicious and healthy! Dang! A tripleheader. It’s also a dump-and-go slow cooker recipe that is as good for dessert as it is for breakfast. 15 min. prep and the crockpot does the rest.
A slow cooker is one of the most popular appliances out there for the home cook and I share a good amount of crock-pot recipes here on the blog.
And it becomes super convenient when the only thing you have to do is throw in the ingredients, set it and forget it.
That’s why I always try to come up with new and easy crockpot dump-and-go recipes that everyone loves. That’s just what this sweet apple crumble treat is all about.
Seriously, I don’t think it even takes 15 minutes to prep this. The only thing you do here is peel and chop the apples, and it takes very little time to do that. The rest of the ingredients you just mix in.
It takes a little time to peel the apples but you should see me rip through a bushel. I’m kind of proud of that. Naturally, it centers around food and this recipe is a super easy recipe to prep.
I think that happened because I really really love apples. How versatile can one fruit get! And you don’t have to peel a bushel for this recipe. There are only two.
A Healthy Vegan Apple Crumble Recipe with Oats
This apple granola crumble is a much lighter and healthier version than usual but it is so going to please your taste buds, unanimously.
I think this is one of my favorite easy-to-make breakfast recipes.
- It is filled with sweet tender apples that are flavored with warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. I really love apples, because they are such a versatile fruit and rich in fiber. And this crumble is packed with their naturally sweet taste.
- This is a sweetish crockpot recipe but the sweetener is maple syrup. That makes me feel a lot better about sweet recipes when maple syrup is used instead of refined sugars.
- You can easily adjust the amount to balance out the flavors based on your preference.
- It is meant to be a sweet crockpot recipe. One that you can enjoy as a warm bowl of breakfast in the morning. I wouldn’t scoff if you had it for dessert either. Then you’d be just like me!
- It has that buttery texture and still a slight hint of crispness from the Granny Smith apples and your chosen granola.
- I also used half a cup bran flakes and I love how they get soaked with the spiced juices from the apples. Just thinking about it again makes my mouth water!
- You can see that my granola had raisins in it for this round of slow cooker apple crumble. They show in the crockpot photos but not in the cereal that I used for the finished ‘glamor’ pictures. I used chunkier granola for that one.
- Here’s a picture of the ingredients stirred and waiting for some heat.
- You only cook this recipe for 4 to 6 hours on low. How fun is it to make breakfast in a crockpot and have it steaming hot and ready to go with little effort.
- Feel free to add nuts too. I love walnuts or pecans in this dish to add that extra crunchiness with each bite! And they go well with apples.
Apple Crumble Kudos!
I want to share a little something with you. Do you know who Dr. Axe is? If not, he is a very popular ‘healthy’ doctor with a significant following on the internet.
Well, guess what? He chose this recipe to be featured in one of his columns about crockpot breakfasts. So that means this Slow Cooker Apple Granola Crumble is out there on a bigger platform and I’m feeling good.
If you’re loving this recipe then I also have to tell you about another one, the Slow Cooker Apple Pie Cake.
Now it is time to make this simple vegan apple crumble. I wouldn’t be surprised if it becomes part of your healthy breakfast eating routine. I am already craving it again too!
How about this for a simple fun treat that gets thrown together in actual minutes? I seriously don’t think it even takes 15 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
What Do You Think?
If you take a photo of your special apple crumble recipe with oats I would love to see it. Follow me over on Instagram and tag me on your photo @vegan_in_the_freezer.
Your opinion means a lot to me and if you’d like to leave a comment and possibly a star rating I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Slow Cooker Apple Granola Crumble
- Peel, core and cut the apples into thick slices and then chunks. This is what I did. Cut the apple in half - then half again and then those halves in half. This gives you 8 thick slices. Cut those thick slices in chunks - like about 3 per slice.
- Add everything to the crock pot and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours.