Orange Cranberry Cookies have mild fruit flavors that blend perfectly with the sweet cookie dough. Easy to make too so Have a Cookie!
Cookie recipes amaze me. Dang! Cookies amaze me. How can there be so many varieties and yet new recipes are continually being created?
Now I’m thinking, “Holy cow, this cookie is a new one too”.
Orange Cranberry Cookies are huge, full of texture and softly crunchy. Can you image them? The outside is lightly crispy and then they go into a soft and packed-full bite.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
I’ve been on a protein kick lately. I mean making recipes that have a little extra protein in one way or the other.
Fiber makes you feel full and protein makes you feel full longer. It’s a great way to fight those hunger pangs.
Enter Cookie! Oats, nuts and even a little bit of protein powder all add up to extra protein. Yes!
They aren’t too much work either. Plop a dollop of the dough onto a cookie sheet and you get these fun and unique cookies that are full of character.
Have a cookie!
What Are Some High Protein Cookie Recipes?
Here are a couple that I have on the blog that are easy to get to.
- Almond flour and flax seed meal are both working to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Cookies higher in protein.
- Sunflower Seed Chocolate Cookies give an extra boost for power too!
How about a pic of the Sunflower Seed Chocolate Cookies:
There once was a time when there were cookie jars. Fanciful ceramic containers that mimiced your favorite movie stars or cartoon characters.
There was even a time when many of them got top dollar on eBay for those vintage jars. Not too long ago. I mean over a thousand dollars!
Well, it’s not the fashion now and I think people have learned that cookies keep much better in an air tight container and sometimes even in the refrigerator.
We end up freezing half of our cookies since there are only two of us. They defrost and taste just like new so it works really well.
These Orange Cranberry Cookies also freeze really well so go ahead and make a batch. Depending on the size of your family they may even be gone within a very few days.
- There’s even parchment paper cut into the size of cookie sheets now. Life is so easy.
- My favorite pans to bake on are are stainless steel baking sheets and these come in a set of two. You can buy them in sets of three and four also.
- Good old pyrex mixing bowls are still around and I love glass ones.
- When you’re making cookies by hand a wooden spoon is a necessity.
All set? Let’s start baking!
Orange Cranberry Cookies
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit inside a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and coconut sugar on medium sped for 5 minutes.
- Add orange juice and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add flour, protein powder and baking powder and mix well.
- Add oats, chocolate chips, walnuts and cranberries.
- Mix well on low speed.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons full 2 inches apart on the pre-prepared baking sheet. Shape into roundish flat cookie shapes. They are big cookies, about 3" across after baked.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Cool one minute and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can substitute raisins for the cranberries but try not to if you can. Cranberries just make these cookies so much mofe special.
Now, I love raisins just as much as the next person but cranberries are super in this cookie recipe.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to subscribe. You know what happens? Every new recipe that goes on the blog will come to you the morning of publication.