Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce is made into vegan Alfredo sauce and classically served with fettuccine pasta. Dinner turns fabulous with a super easy and delicious sauce made from scratch. It can be made ahead of time too so that dinner can be served in about 15 minutes.
Doesn't this look like perfect comfort food to you? It does to me too and it even comes out of a new cookbook titled Vegan Comfort Cooking.
It's a new book and is written by Melanie McDonald. You may already be familiar with Melanie and her recipes as she runs the vegan food blog A Virtual Vegan.
I'm also able to share one of these 75 Plant-Based Recipes with you. They will 'Satisfy Cravings and Warm Your Soul'.
The reason I picked this cashew Alfredo sauce is that, first, it's Alfredo Fettuccine and, second, because the sauce has lots of roasted garlic added.
The sauce is so simple and the garlic blends into the creamy sauce effortlessly.
I took some pictures of the sauce ingredients so you can see they are very accessible ingredients. Everything is included except the garlic. They are roasting at the moment.
You have a choice of using almond flour or ground almonds and leave it to me I did half and half. The ground almonds are underneath the almond meal. You can see it in the food processor in the next photo.
Ah! There are those beautifully roasted garlic cloves. It is two whole heads. You wrap the garlic in a foil packet and then roast until they are soft. The cloves pop right out of the peelings with just a pinch.
This cookbook has really been fun to thumb through. I can't wait to make some of these recipes right away. There are 75 of them all wrapped up in 5 chapters:
- First, We Brunch: You know those pages are going to get dirtied in the kitchen.
- Indulge Yourself: Hearty meals to turn to over and over again.
- The Munchies: A great variety to share with your friends!
- Sweet Talk: Lots of desserts and other sweetness.
- Bits & Bobs: Important extras for everyone's repertoire.
Here's a peek at the cover too. Vegan Comfort Cooking is available on Amazon as a softbound book with color photos and they also have it in a Kindle edition.
Hey! Look at that! The cover photo is of the Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce and Fettucine recipe (in the book you'll find it as "I Can't Believe It's Vegan" Roasted Garlic Alfredo. I really like pasta with great sauces.
Table of Contents
Other pasta recipes on this blog that are super good are:
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad is so good and it's amazing how delicious pasta is when it's a cold salad.
- You can have fettuccine with a completely different flavor too with this Thai Curry Fettuccine.
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce is another classic but this time it's a red sauce.
Vegan Garlic Sauce
Roasting garlic is very simple and it is also very rewarding. If you ever get your hands on elephant garlic you're going to have to give those a try for spreading on crostini toasts. You'll be very happy.
So follow these directions in the recipe card below for roasting garlic and you'll also be on your way for an absolutely rewarding comfort food dinner.
Vegan alfredo sauce
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 3 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Vegan butter
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Cooked pasta to serve with
- Whisk non-dairy milk and cornstarch in a saucepot.
- Set over medium heat.
- Add salt, garlic powder, and Vegan butter. Simmer over medium heat until gently thickened, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in nutritional yeast.
- Cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and serve over pasta.