Thai Curry Recipe with Fettuccine has a curry based sauce highlighted with bamboo shoots and peas. An authentic taste of Asia that is vegan flavorful and very easy to prepare.
It is fantastic being able to get your hands on so many items in the grocery stores these days. Even the big food chains have organic produce and organic canned goods as well.
You can also find ethnic ingredients in their own specialty sections. Red curry paste is in the Asian section and it is right above the bamboo shoots. We are so lucky.
Thai Curry Fettuccine is super simple and wait until you taste the final sauce.
A bit spicy and a little sweet it all comes together to make one of the most flavorful and unique pasta dishes out there.
I made Easy Curry Rice for the blog a while ago and it's completely different. The curry spice is strictly from curry powder not paste.
There are a few ways to 'get your curry on' but Thai Curry Recipe is the kind with a sauce and a very filling main dish.
You can also freeze this dish in an airtight freezer container but I actually didn't get to do that.
I ate it for lunch two days in a row and, believe me, I was really looking forward to those lunches.
So, you can feed a large family or serve two and divide the leftovers for future meals.
I'm sure you'll be as happy as I was to have a simple and delicious meal that is already done and just needs to be heated in a saucepan or microwave.
Either way it is quick!
What kinds of curry are there
- Curry is a lot of things. It comes in all kinds of shapes and forms and colors.
- There are sauces as in a spicy spiced curry that mixes so well with noodles and rice. No curry included. The curry is actually the sauce.
- Curry powder is probably sitting in your cupboard right now. It’s made up of many different spices and comes to us in a little jar to help us give depth to our cooking.
- You can buy curry pastes in jars and they come as red curry paste and green curry paste. A little bit goes a long way.
- There are also small curry cubes that are used in Japanese cooking. Not so spicy but a great addition to sauces.
- For this recipe, there is both curry powder and curry paste and it is a mildly sweet creamy sauce that you'll want to make for other recipes too.
So you can see there’s no reason to ever be confused. You are now armed with the information you need to talk ‘foodie’.
Save for later
PIN IT to your pasta or dinner board
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- This meal pairs beautifully with a cold dry white wine such as Chardonnay or Vermentino.
- You can add more peas and red bell pepper if you like! Make it a veggie loaded feast.
More delicious pasta recipes
- You can't beat a good ol' Alfredo Sauce over Fettuccine.
- Now for something completely different - Vegan Macaroni Salad is the best.
Thai Curry Fettuccine
- 16 ounces fettuccini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced small
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 28 ounces coconut milk 2 cans 14 ounces each, full fat (17% to 22%) coconut milk (cream)
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 8 ounces bamboo shoots canned sliced, drained
- ½ cup peas frozen
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions - al dente
- Heat oil in large skillet and add red bell pepper. Sauté 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook one more minute. Add curry powder and salt, stir to blend.
- Add coconut milk, red curry paste, soy sauce, brown sugar to the pan. Stir and cook on medium low for 10 minutes. Add bamboo shoots and peas.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes and stir in the noodles. Toss well to coat the fettuccine.
- Ready to serve.
Every single person in our family loved this. Thank you so much!
This sauce was so good! I am so happy to have an easy dinner that turns out so delicious. Thank you!
This was easy and good. I never thought the flavors would turn out so nice. Thank you!
Nice recipe. This is a great twist if you want pasta, but with a very different type of sauce than Italian. I love creamy sauces, but I don't always want dairy. So, using coconut milk is great. I also was trying to finish off a jar of red curry, which is how I found this recipe. My only change to the recipe was I used some gemelli pasta that I wanted to finish off.
This was better than takeout! The perfect amount of spice. My store didn’t have bamboo shoots, so I substituted water chestnuts.