Monster cookie dough dip is excellent for parties or whenever you want a quick and easy dessert. This simple recipe is fun, delicious, and comes together in just 10 minutes.
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Monster Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
- Kid-Friendly- This recipe is perfect for kids since it is tasty and fun to make. They can help you mix and measure the ingredients, making it an ideal activity with your little ones.
- No-Bake Recipe- You don't need to turn on your oven to enjoy this delicious treat.
- Eye-Catching- The colorful candies and chocolate chips make this dip visually appealing and perfect for parties or events.
What Is Monster Cookie Dough Dip?
Monster cookie dough dip is a delectable vegan treat that transforms edible cookie dough into a delightful dip. Perfect for enjoying with sliced fruit, pretzels, or graham crackers, this dip adds a playful twist with vegan chocolate candies and eyeballs, creating a fun "monster" appearance.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Serving Bowls
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Vegan Butter- Softened butter provides a rich, creamy texture and flavor to the cookie dough dip.
- Maple Syrup- Adds a natural sweetness to balance the other dip flavors.
- Toasted or Baked All-Purpose Flour- Gives the dip a cookie dough-like texture and flavor.
- Vegan Chopped Dark Chocolate or Chocolate Chips- Adds a rich, chocolatey element to the dip.
- Vegan Chocolate Candies- A fun, colorful touch to give the cookie dough dip its iconic "monster" look.
- Chocolate Decor- Like Candy eyeballs, optional, but adds a fun and festive touch to the dip.
How To Make Monster Cookie Dough Dip
- Prep- In a mixing bowl, cream the vegan butter and maple syrup together until smooth and well combined.
- Add Flour- Gradually mix in the toasted or baked all-purpose flour until a dough forms.
- Fold In Chocolate- Once the dough is formed, fold in chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Decorate- Scoop the cookie dough into serving bowls and decorate with vegan chocolate candies and candy eyeballs.
- Serve- Enjoy with your favorite dippers, such as graham crackers, pretzels, vanilla wafers, or apple slices.
Popular Substitutions And Additions
- Nut Butter- For added protein and a nutty flavor, substitute some or all of the vegan butter with your favorite nut butter, like creamy peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter. For a nut-free option, choose seed-based butter like sunflower seed butter or tahini.
- Candy Mix-ins- Get creative with your toppings and add your favorite vegan candy pieces.
- Coconut Sugar- Use coconut sugar, brown sugar, or powdered sugar instead of maple syrup.
- Extra Flavors- Add ingredients like dried fruit, shredded coconut, rolled oats, or crushed pretzels for added texture and flavor.
Can I Freeze Monster Cookie Dough Dip?
Yes, you can freeze this cookie dough dip for up to 3 months. Store in an airtight container and thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Monster Cookie Dough Dip Recipe FAQs
Is this dip safe to eat raw?
Yes. Traditionally, eating raw cookie dough can be harmful because of the raw eggs and raw flour in the recipe; however, this recipe is designed to be eaten raw. It's an eggless cookie dough with flour toasted or baked for added safety.
Why must the flour be toasted or baked?
Eating raw flour can be dangerous as it may contain harmful bacteria. You can eliminate any potential risks by toasting or baking the raw flour.
How should leftover monster cookie dough dip be stored?
Leftover monster cookie dough dip should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I make this cookie dough dip ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this monster cookie dough dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. However, adding toppings and decor before serving is best to keep them fresh.
Edible Monster Cookie Dough Dip
- ½ cup Vegan butter (margarine or coconut oil)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup toasted/baked all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup quality dark chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Vegan chocolate candies like brand No whey foods or Little Secrets chocolate pieces
- Chocolate décor like candy eyeballs
- In a mixing bowl, beat Vegan butter and maple syrup.
- Fold in gently warm toasted all-purpose flour. It will blend better with the butter and give a really soft cookie dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chocolate candies.
- Scoop the cookie dough into the serving bowls.
- Decorate with candy eyeballs.