Dairy-Free Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies are chewy crisp cookies with a flavorful spark of dried cranberries. Mix, drop and bake for a delicious treat.
One of the fastest ways I know to get a sweet treat in the house is by making cookies. The variety is endless and the ingredients are probably already in your cupboard.
The ingredients for this cookie recipe probably are anyway. The dough comes together quickly and the outcome of your baking is undeniably good.
Do you have a cookie jar? The one I use is a large square clear glass jar that has a wide mouth and a silver toned screw on lid. Your hand can fit inside and reach all the way inside to the bottom.
When no one is eating them the jar sits out as a design element on one of my counters.
Have you seen any of those old cookie jars from around the 30's, 40's and 50's? They are in all the antique stores and they are also pretty scary.
Porky Pig, beehives, owls and heads of famous movie characters are just a few you could choose from. Isn't it great how we have moved away from that craze?
I shouldn't bad mouth those old cookie jars. As they say "Everything comes around again". It's usually around every 40-50 years the styles come back. In everything!
Clothes, hair, decor. We are coming up to the 70's in design time so they must have decided to skip the character cookie jars.
Another cookie that often graces my big clear glass jar is a no-bake one - No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are really worth making too. And the most popular one on my website so far is Apple Pie Cookies.
I hope you LOVE these chocolate cookies! They are:
- Rich in flavor
- and Easy to Make!
Dairy-Free Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies are also a good one because they can be made over the holidays.
Cranberries brighten up so many recipes their deep burgundy color is so pretty.
Let's Get Connected!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Dairy-Free Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- 3/4 cup dairy free butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a medium bowl and with a hand mixer beat the dairy-free butter and sugars together until light an fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla and dairy-free milk.
- In a large bowl mix flour and baking soda. Stir.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- By hand, stir in the oats and cranberries.
- Spoon tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet 2" apart.
- Flatten slightly with the bottom of a flat drinking glass.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let set a minute or so and then remove them to a cooling rack.
Package in rigid sided containers as defined in my article How to Prepare Food for the Freezer.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and just set out. They defrost in no time.
You know the delicious No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies I mentioned above? Here's a pic to whet your appetite.